Sachs performance clutch incorrect parts or fitment?

Stuart B

Reaction score
Hi,

Not been on here for quite a while, my TT 8N has been off road for a couple of years, after doing some more modifications (re-porting chinafold collector to same width as AET hybrid, relocation of battery to boot, 64mm map sensor pipe, and clutch)

Sadly, the clutch is slipping with hardly any power eg I cannot go over 2500rpm about 40mph, I have driven about 20 miles like this... also the pedal is extremely light and biting point at the top of the pedal, gear changes are really smooth. The pedal doesn't have the sensation that anything is being pushed, as if it is already gone past that bit of pressing the spring tines down on the pressure plate.

I am wondering if the slave cylinder is too big, or the pressure plate too tall or whether something is wrong with the fitment.

This is the kit I got?

I did find some threads saying the clutches take a long time to bed in, but the car is undrivable. I also found a thread, where someone's clutch pressure plate was supplied incorrect.

I wonder if there's a way to see whether the clutch is already half engaged?

I did remove the restrictor from the T-Piece bleed nipple, but I don't believe that would move the biting point.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Welcome back dude... erm... Sach's kits are notoriously variable and have in the past been "recon" parts rather than new stuff.... the one you are picturing looks odd insomuch that the flywheel looks like a DMF but the friction plate is sprung and typically the realm of single mass flywheels...

Biting point at the top of the pedal is typical of these clutches stories... they apparently refinish the flywheel and pressure plate which of course is much like how a clutch wears and moves the bite point right up and can lead to slipping....

I personally have only ever used LuK DMF/cover plates with the Sachs 4 puck... these work extremely well

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty, yeah.. it was difficult getting back to post a new thread :D I have been occasionally loitering checking up on your v6 build..

So yesterday, on the driveway with the hand-brake fully applied driving in 1st or reverse doesn't slip and just pulls / pushes the car along. And in 2nd at 2500-3000 the engine just slows down and tries to drive forward again with no slipping. It's crazy.

Looks like it's coming back apart again :( I did read the long post on here, and there's so many potential issues, I can see why people stick to stock setup.

Welcome back dude... erm... Sach's kits are notoriously variable and have in the past been "recon" parts rather than new stuff.... the one you are picturing looks odd insomuch that the flywheel looks like a DMF but the friction plate is sprung and typically the realm of single mass flywheels...

Biting point at the top of the pedal is typical of these clutches stories... they apparently refinish the flywheel and pressure plate which of course is much like how a clutch wears and moves the bite point right up and can lead to slipping....

I personally have only ever used LuK DMF/cover plates with the Sachs 4 puck... these work extremely well

Don’t suppose you know what way the 4puck disc is suppose to go ? I’m so confused I know flat side normally flywheel but the original oem clutch flat side was gear side ??
3eaf5e6d9727f397b9a4c790e82cf56c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6070fc63721aef89ddacd159a51aa4a5.jpg

There’s no gear side writing on the 4puck disc just code numbers first time fitting a clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nose out to box... flat to flywheel on the Sachs

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Brad1011