Help Please Safe mode

davidg123

Reaction score
Trying to retrofit mmi 3g to my car. Turned it on and it's in safe mode. Plus the air con off light is flashing at me.

Yeah, one with fibre optic ports. So I've changed the gateway, B&O amp (on with fibre optic port) head unit, gear stick surrounding. Put the kufatec.co.uk wiring harness in(for B&O system) and my car went to safe mode. At the minute I've just left the wiring looms and that in place and tucked them behind the original head unit. So when I can, it's just plug in, rather than ripping the whole car apart. Think more research is in order or if someone's around that can help...... Lol.

You need to get component protection removed from the car, so either a visit to an Audi dealer or find someone with ODIS that has a license to access VW geko database. There is no way or removing CP with VCDS or other tools.

Changing the gateway would, put the cluster, climate control, central electric, central convenience, amp, 5F module + others all into component protection, so very little will work on your car.

If you cannot get CP removed today then your best fitting the old gateway back into the car unit you can get it removed.

More information on CP. http://www.audi-resource.com/componentprotection.php

I've plugged all the old stuff back in and everything works fine now. Yeah I wasn't sure what I would or wouldn't be able to do with component protection on some parts. Also you need the parts fitted to be able to remove component protection don't you. Cheers for that mate

I've plugged all the old stuff back in and everything works fine now. Yeah I wasn't sure what I would or wouldn't be able to do with component protection on some parts. Also you need the parts fitted to be able to remove component protection don't you. Cheers for that mate
If you are located in or around, or can get to North London then I can help with this. I am an Authorised VW Group UK Services Provider :)

If you are located in or around, or can get to North London then I can help with this. I am an Authorised VW Group UK Services Provider :)
Much appreciated mate. I live in the Midlands. We have spoke about removing protection on my parts (potentially some time this week, as this was when I was going to fit everything). I know I'd have to have everything fitted, but not sure a two hour drive in safe mode would be good..... Lol. That's if my car started.

So all wiring from kufatec.co.uk is in place and out the way, old kit is back in. I'd need to get to yours, fit the new stuff, then repin the B&O amp to go into the new radio unit. If you couldn't remove the protection, or worse the parts don't speak to each other...... Well I don't even want to think about that haha.

Although I've gone too far and committed too much to return now.....

The issue I have is at the current state I plugged everything in and had no power to the main screen. I say everything, I didn't do the repining of the amp to the radio in the boot, including power. Not sure if that's why there was no power to the screen or if it's the gateway or some other protection stopping them communicating.

Hi. I have a Q7 that he rando ly
Gone into safe mode and component protection. When plugged into Audi software it’s showing CP on 12 of the 16 components. The garage have cleared CP on the software and it’s saying successful but the car is still in safe mode and saying CP is still in place. Please help as 1) have not changed anything on the car it is 100% original and this happened randomly mid drive and 2) if software is saying it’s clear why is the fault still there??? Thanks