Safe/Reliable Remap options

Mike_Robo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've just joined up to the forum, had my S1 for a month or so, (Sportback Daytona Grey with both Quattro Packs) loving it so far but as ever I've started looking at potential mods, even though I told myself i wouldn't...

So I've been looking through the forum and have noticed that there a few remap/tuning box options for the S1, I was wondering if any of them can be used without the need to uprate or periodically replace the clutch?

it appears the Revo software appears to be the most forgiving on the clutch but I was wondering if any owners could pass on their opinions/experiences?

thanks in advance,

Mike.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Hi guys, I've just joined up to the forum, had my S1 for a month or so, (Sportback Daytona Grey with both Quattro Packs) loving it so far but as ever I've started looking at potential mods, even though I told myself i wouldn't...

So I've been looking through the forum and have noticed that there a few remap/tuning box options for the S1, I was wondering if any of them can be used without the need to uprate or periodically replace the clutch?

it appears the Revo software appears to be the most forgiving on the clutch but I was wondering if any owners could pass on their opinions/experiences?

thanks in advance,

Mike.
I have the abt remap. I have just clocked up over 13k miles, about 11.5k on the remap, and my clutch is still fine. The abt remap doesn't kick in until the engine warms up to 90 degrees so you aren't putting any extra pressure on a cold clutch / engine.

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply :)

That's good to hear, I gather you haven't had any issues since you remapped it then?

Cheers Mike

Hi Ian, thanks for your reply :)

That's good to hear, I gather you haven't had any issues since you remapped it then?

Cheers Mike
Not so far, apart from people trying to race me all the time lol. Had an old granny in a Toyota do a super fast pull away from the lights next to me the other day. I couldn't stop laughing, she really was going for it

Haha, yeah i think people don't really understand what an S1 is, i've had a few people try it on haha

Abt on mine with 8500 miles no clutch problems so far

Abt on mine with 8500 miles no clutch problems so far
Thanks for the reply mate, ABT is looking good so far then! Am i correct in thinking ABT are quite expensive? Heard of any reviews on the Revo option?

Yes abt is expensive but comes with warranty giving peace of mind, it had already been fitted to my car when I got it so not sure as to cost think about £2000.

Volks Muller in Australia is about to use APR stage 1 tune.
I originally phoned them for my 1st 15000km service.
Ive got 9000kms but warranty states 15000kms or 21April2016.

Anyway I was sold on a stage 1 tune.
I'll let you know if there's any difference.

BTW over $700 for the 15k service @audi and only $350 @Volks Muller.