Saloon Boot Lid

L111 FAD

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Reaction score
Is it possible to get the boot lid to close remotely on VCDS, or is that an Avant only feature?

Is it possible to get the boot lid to close remotely on VCDS, or is that an Avant only feature?

if you have the power boot lid it can be done on vcds. I did it with my saloon.
Quite a few coding and adaptation changes is needed.

Cheers. It opens on a key button and a switch in the door panel, but I wonder if this is just some spring assist to raise the lid.

Cheers. It opens on a key button and a switch in the door panel, but I wonder if this is just some spring assist to raise the lid.
Most saloons have spring assist. Powered motorised boot lid was an option on the facelifts, not a cheap one either as it had to be taken with advance key which was £1500 when I got mine.
if you have a button on your boot lid that closes it for you then you have a powered boot lid. If you have to slam it shut you have a spring loaded manual boot lid.

Aah, gotcha.

No button on the boot lid, prefacelift model, so I guess it's just spring assisted.

Cheers for the info!

Might be worth looking at retrofitting it. Can’t see it being that expensive for a couple of powered struts and maybe a module. There’s probably an aliexpress kit available