Sandip's Silver TQS

Sandip

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, not posted on here for a while, not a big post anyway. Thought i'd share where i am with my Silver B5 TQS.

Members a more familiars with me from when i had my 8L S3 with the 3.2 v6 conversion, sold that on a while ago now (it's getting pampered) and moved onto my favorite platform...the B5!

I've got 3 B5'S in total, 2x fwd's and this one which is the TQS. I won't blabber on too much but if anyone has any questions i'll happily answer them and as i've always been, i'll help anyone out however i can.

Photo's of when i first got it back in Oct 2019.
View attachment DSC_0113.JPG
View attachment DSC_0114.JPG

Most recent photos
View attachment DSC_1908.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0113.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0114.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 128
  • DSC_1908.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: Sandra and Rfmacaskill
Looks nice!. Sounds like the s3 has gone to a good home!

I've been looking at 8l s3s again but prices are sky high and not many great examples out there!

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Everyone, not posted on here for a while, not a big post anyway. Thought i'd share where i am with my Silver B5 TQS.

Members a more familiars with me from when i had my 8L S3 with the 3.2 v6 conversion, sold that on a while ago now (it's getting pampered) and moved onto my favorite platform...the B5!

I've got 3 B5'S in total, 2x fwd's and this one which is the TQS. I won't blabber on too much but if anyone has any questions i'll happily answer them and as i've always been, i'll help anyone out however i can.

Photo's of when i first got it back in Oct 2019.
View attachment 237453
View attachment 237454

Most recent photos
View attachment 237455

Good to see you back. :friends:

Reactions: Sandip
I do like that silver TQS, I remember seeing it on Beaumont Road before I’d met up with you, thinking how good it sat on those wheels.

When this awful period in history is over, be good to get some meet-ups done, find out a bit more about it.

Reactions: Sandip
Already on the look out mate ha ha
****** missed one the other day with 103k on it and FSH for £1600 !!! Needed some bodywork but if rest of cars clean then im not too fussed so long as its not been washed with a brilo pad that is body work needs be half decent.

rest of the running gear on the car will get a full refresh along with plans for a built motor and big turbo

Bit of a revival, i've not posted on here for a good while but been enjoying @Gops and @midas doing the work on their B5's. Feeling a bit left out so i thought i'd join in now!

So far this is what my B5 TQS is running

3" Downpipe
2.75" stainless system with 2 boxes
Decat
Custom stainless 3" TIP intake pipe
Stage one map (approx 195bhp) off maf readings

eibach coilovers
brembo performance discs/pads

What i need some advice on is i need a front mounted intercooler, i'm not sure where around the northwest could make custom pipes so i don't need to chop the bumper up or have it not lining up. Basically need a one stop shop who i can leave my car with in safe hands and get it back all done without any hassle.

What is the biggest cooler i can get without messing around with my bumper?

Tqs

Reactions: S3 Rav and Gops
Hi mate! Car looks mint!!!

For a FMIC, it's hard to say because not much fits behind the OEM bumper. Most people use S4 bumpers which have loads more room but I don't think it suits a normal looking A4. I did look at a charge cooler in place of the SMIC and using the coolant straight out of the radiator but that needs a little more thought as the temps may not be cool enough. Do you think you need a FMIC at 200bhp?

Hi mate! Car looks mint!!!

For a FMIC, it's hard to say because not much fits behind the OEM bumper. Most people use S4 bumpers which have loads more room but I don't think it suits a normal looking A4. I did look at a charge cooler in place of the SMIC and using the coolant straight out of the radiator but that needs a little more thought as the temps may not be cool enough. Do you think you need a FMIC at 200bhp?
Hi mate, thanks!

Yeah, i need a cooler for longevity and reliability. Cars quick enough tbh but just want it to stay like that.

After a few pulls intake temp are going up quickly and i'm getting quite a lot of timing pull. Cylinder 4 being the worse, 1 being the best. Starts off ok but after 3-4 pulls i'm seeing intake temps in the region of 50oC, this is when the timing pull starts getting scary.

I've read some B5 owners have turned the throttle to adjust the direction of airflow so cylinder 4 gets it fair share but the air is still going to be hot.

Hi mate, thanks!

Yeah, i need a cooler for longevity and reliability. Cars quick enough tbh but just want it to stay like that.

After a few pulls intake temp are going up quickly and i'm getting quite a lot of timing pull. Cylinder 4 being the worse, 1 being the best. Starts off ok but after 3-4 pulls i'm seeing intake temps in the region of 50oC, this is when the timing pull starts getting scary.

I've read some B5 owners have turned the throttle to adjust the direction of airflow so cylinder 4 gets it fair share but the air is still going to be hot.

It’s pretty difficult but I guess not impossible to put something decent behind the bumper.

I’ll have a look when I get to that bit and see if it’s worth doing. Failing that there is always WMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I’d not seen or heard from you much Sandip. I e been loosing the will with mine in the last 3 months. Even contemplated selling it, which got a queue of potentials, lol.
It’s good to see you and gops making posts, gives me a bit of encouragement.