Sat Nav Fitting?

evans1089

Reaction score
Website
www.akbryanmoulds.co.uk
Been looking for a complete upgrade and set up as I have the Concert currently..

Does anyone know what is needed to fit a sat nav unit ? The EBay number below shows what I think is a full kit?
EBay number:

Is it cheaper elsewhere or what do you guys recommend ?

Many thanks

The main unit in the first one is designed for Japan. Unless it has been converted it will probably be useless. The 083 radio doesn't ring any bells. If you are in the UK the radio should end in 053 for standard radio, 061 for DAB radio.

I would do a search on this site first, there are plenty of posts started eg
from sometime back from stonefish

Its quite a big project and the bits will probably set you back ~£1.5k, if you do it yourself and buy second hand bits. Unfortunately, you will have to replace quite a few bits as Chris says. From memory, you need the main unit, 7" Display and cable, 3G console. I believe you also need a new radio and antenna amplifiers. You might need to change your gateway or at least upgrade the firmware as well. I've just done a concert radio to MMI 3G upgrade so am not totally familiar with the 2G to 3G requirements.

I asked the question, do we keep original options to check oil level, battery levels etc. With service history checks along with adjusting the lighting.
This company reckons so..
f9241033b3bde7863a4adedcafa3ff56.jpg

This item looks interesting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-SatN..._Technology&hash=item3ce17b92f2#ht_2641wt_725.
or http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=362&cat=4&page=1
It says :Installation is plug and play and the transparent touch panel simply fits over your existing factory screen, you can then control your mapping system via touch and control all functions without the need for any remote controls, keyboards, separate screens or additional devices .

You can easily switch to the Satnav at any time by holding down the 'Mode' button on your steering wheel, or by swiping the touch screen. All features and functions can be configured via an on screen graphical user interface which is operated via touch screen. Your existing features and functions of your original system, radio and screen will continue to operate as normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SI-W85
This item looks interesting: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-SatN..._Technology&hash=item3ce17b92f2#ht_2641wt_725.
It says :Installation is plug and play and the transparent touch panel simply fits over your existing factory screen, you can then control your mapping system via touch and control all functions without the need for any remote controls, keyboards, separate screens or additional devices .

You can easily switch to the Satnav at any time by holding down the 'Mode' button on your steering wheel, or by swiping the touch screen. All features and functions can be configured via an on screen graphical user interface which is operated via touch screen. Your existing features and functions of your original system, radio and screen will continue to operate as normal.
That does actually look pretty good if you really need a sat nav that is prob the one to go for in my opinion.

That's the only thing that lets it down I'm guessing you will have to switch the sat nav off to use the original screen which to be fair you see your radio station and phone calls from the speedo cluster so prob wouldn't matter when you were using sat nav if you couldn't see the screen.

That's the way it seems but I could be wrong, message them and ask the question.

or http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=362&cat=4&page=1

This does look good, I'd like to see a few more photos of the actual kit. Does anyone know what make it is?

Evans1089 do you have Audi AMI?
I'd much rather use that and Google maps for a satnav than sticking something to my screen.
I went right off satnavs after fitting an RNSE in my A3.
It was terrible.
I'm sure the newer ones are better but I struggle to get past how good Google maps is

Evans1089 do you have Audi AMI?
I'd much rather use that and Google maps for a satnav than sticking something to my screen.
I went right off satnavs after fitting an RNSE in my A3.
It was terrible.
I'm sure the newer ones are better but I struggle to get past how good Google maps is

I have basic concert.
Just got a reply off guy on eBay:

7cdba5e293c1748872dba7231159e7b9.jpg

Seems good to me maybe worth an ask about been able to see the original screen through the new one as in can you see the screen while the sat nav is on as that would just be annoying, and still been able to use the original screen while sat nav is on or will sat nav have to be turned off?

This does look good, I'd like to see a few more photos of the actual kit. Does anyone know what make it is?

I previously queried him about this and its a good piece of kit for the price .. What you get is attached.
As i was told this screen is exactly the same size as the current screen which fits over exactly so you don't notice any difference to what you currently have now.

Attachments

• $_0.JPG
    $_0.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 193
Do you have one fitted mate?

no i've read through the instructions the seller emailed me as i am looking to get one but as you cannot get a bluetooth interface for our system this is a very good option as you are getting the full kit for £399. Sat Nav, bluetooth etc

Could I still use my cars Bluetooth or would it have to go through this I mean for phone calls etc as it displays on my screen and the dash?

Did any of you guys ever get that system fitted then?!

The current model of Dynavin N6-A5 (as suitable for the A4B8) replaces the screen completely, so clearly displays either the original system or the Dynavin system. Again, from documents (also Audi-retrofit), but I'm very interested. Reversing camera will be fun to retrofit. Watch this space, see in two weeks.

Reactions: jphc
Chasing detailed reviews seems to show that the Dynavin system runs the iGo SatNav, and a number of IT skilled folks change that to a preferred alternative.
And now I've had a chance to play with the car unit, I find I have WMA and Bluetooth, so I'm missing rear view camera, USB and SatNav.
Might look at a top-spec standalone SatNav, and it would appear the USB option should/can be on the stock radio (info, anyone?) , and the parking sensors seem good enough.
Anon

The current model of Dynavin N6-A5 (as suitable for the A4B8) replaces the screen completely, so clearly displays either the original system or the Dynavin system. Again, from documents (also Audi-retrofit), but I'm very interested. Reversing camera will be fun to retrofit. Watch this space, see in two weeks.
I'm sure it's a stick on that's just covers your existing screen?