Sat Nav headache

Bph83

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my Sat Nav in my 2015 A4. I bought the car 4 years ago from a non Audi dealer. The nav has been brilliant for 4 years. No problems. Now, just suddenly I'm having problems. When I start the car it initializes and the map appears. It works for about 2 minutes and then the map disappears and it displays "navigation data are not enabled". I don't understand how it isn't enabled when it has worked for 4 years.

I have tried rebooting mmi but that doesn't help. I also don't seem to have an sd card in my pack from the dealer that I got years ago. Tbh I never even thought about it. Any advice? Audi looking to put it on diagnostics which is obviously a decent cost before they even begin to fix anything.

Hi sorry to hear that... when you say you reboot sat nav you ment reset it to factory settings?
I bought my a4 with no SD cards too and i think that's normal...

No I googled a way to reboot mmi using the console buttons. Everything shuts down for a few seconds and restarts. Again my maps would initialize but disappear after a few mins.

So frustrating as it worked for years fine.

Ultimately the sat-nav data is held on the car's memory system, so glitches happen, although thankfully rare. I'd be temped to do a full-map update. You don't need to visit your dealer for this, as they will charge you an eye watering £200 for the privilege for 2021/22 data.

I was in a similar position with my 2012 Allroad, thankfully not a corrupt system, just simply out of date, but you're not that far behind on a 7-year old car.

Check out Ebay sellers with positive feedback for around £60. You just need to determine your car's MMI system which I assume is MMI3G-B. It's a little laborious to update. You have the map, then the firmware, then the activation on SD cards. Follow the process to the letter. It works.