Sat Nav Issues

zaka7

Reaction score
Bit of a boring one, but has anyone else had issues with the sat nav,

On multiple occasions now I have in put a post code and it just spins and spins without ever suggesting the location or letting me move on!

It isn't a signal issue as google earth has always loaded.

I have then decided to use maps on car play, put in the same post code and boom instantly finds it with no issue.

It probably is the signal - it caches the maps but can’t cache the address.

Your phone may be on a different network to the cars built in SIM hence the difference in loading speeds.

Seems a little rubbish, the addresses should all be installed on the SD card map pack and not downloaded via mobile, only the map display is 'live' so to speak, the SD is still used for routes and addresses isn't it?

Depending on when your car was built there is a update to 2018 maps, maybe that may help.

I installed it just after I got my car as mine had older maps. Annoyingly though the new version doesnt have google streetview.

Depending on when your car was built there is a update to 2018 maps, maybe that may help.

I installed it just after I got my car as mine had older maps. Annoyingly though the new version doesnt have google streetview.

Mine was built September 18' I assume an update wouldn't help as they are not new post codes, but I guess you never know, how did you update yours? Don't Audi charge?
Street view? I didn't know you could get street view anyway :thumbs up: how do you do that? or how did you before the update lol

Update is via myaudi website, you have to download onto a sd card then pop it into the car to update. It can be updated via the cars data sim but it is about 5gb so would take forever.

From memory for streetview if you pick somewhere on the map, rotate mmi dial to zoom in then press dial down it should switch to streetview.

Update is via myaudi website, you have to download onto a sd card then pop it into the car to update. It can be updated via the cars data sim but it is about 5gb so would take forever.

From memory for streetview if you pick somewhere on the map, rotate mmi dial to zoom in then press dial down it should switch to streetview.
thanks buddy