Sat Nav Map Update?

Neil_79

Reaction score
Just logged into MyAudi to see if there is a map update for my FL and I can’t see any options for checking the current available map option and downloading the update.

What am I missing??

Hi Neil, I had a look at the weekend and couldn't see it myself, but now it seems to be there again - take a look under 'VehicleDetails' then 'Features' - it should be underneath data packages if you scroll down. I've updated mine this year, so mine shows as follows:
Upload 2018 11 19 16 38 37

Is this the update that loses you google earth though? I’ll not be doing it if that’s the case

Is this the update that loses you google earth though? I’ll not be doing it if that’s the case
No - mine is bang up to date and I still have google earth - it was mentioned on another thread, but I think Audi may have done a u-turn on removing it.

Just checked mine... fully up-to-date and my google earth is working as it should too :icon thumright:

How did you guys do the update? every single time I try to download from the Audi website it just fails!!! I gave up. Maybe their website was just having a bad day...

How did you guys do the update? every single time I try to download from the Audi website it just fails!!! I gave up. Maybe their website was just having a bad day...
I think some browsers (that don't support java) don't work... best way to do it is make sure you have Java installed and download (save) the jnlp file, then once it is saved on your pc, double-click it and it will launch in Java. That will run a download/image maker tool, so you select your destination and it does the rest. I put it on a USB stick and then inserted that into the car and ran the update... I believe you can download direct to the car though, btu I've not tried that.

Reactions: zaka7 and teslaboy
How are you all getting updates? I logged onto my audi and it says I have the latestversion? Am I missing something?

Yes, I'm quite confused by all this too. In the past when I have logged into MyAudi it appeared to have updates available and yet when I log in now, it states I am upto date. However, my car was manufactured late 2017 and I have never updated the maps, so is it really upto date? I thought updates came out every six months?

Interesting... I updated maybe 2 months ago, so just assumed when it said I'm up to date that was a message specific to me. Have you tried updating directly in the car using the MMI? Apparently you can do this and it downloads using the in car built in sim.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk