Sat Nav Plus - MP3 player locked up last night!

funkycat

Reaction score
Folks,

Gutted! me beloved Sat Nav Plus MP3 player packed up on the way home last night, no CD's in the autochanger, so left with R2 drive time!
I've got 1 x 1Gb SD card & 1 x 256mb SD card in it, both wouldn't work. Took 'em out when I got home, checked they were working on the PC, all fine and dandy. Tried them in the car again this morning, and all is working again!

Could the cards be getting too hot as I have heater on 22 degrees now autumn is here? Anyone else experience this kind of thing?

Funkycat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

When I first used them, they didn't work, but then have worked fine ever since... maybe it's not as perfect a technology as we hope, and needs ejecting to reset it sometimes.

I've had a 1Gig card in there for about a year now, and have taken it out to change the music about 6-7 times during that period... but haven't had any problems.

Although, using a Mac, I get all the Finder filenames visible (files starting with a period, with the same name as the MP3 files for a suffix) but the system seems to know not to play them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

theres a cool little app called kopymac i think, that you can use to copy files to your sd cards and it eliminates all the .files and _files - works for mobiles and stuff too.

excellent. downloading now... I've tried a few apps like this, but not this one. hopefully it's nice and reliable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thank you!

My last Cab's DVD Nav used to occasionally crash when I wanted to play an MP3 (say every three or four months) and decide that the cards were not installed.

1st try and take them out and put them back - usually worked. If not re-set the DVD Nav unit - funny how this is documented in the huge user manual almost as though Audi are acknowledging that there are one or two 'unresoved opportunities'........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Phhhh! hey, don't go presuming I'm a PC user!

but seriously, what are the SatNav+ reset keys?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC - my Cab has gone now, you turn on the DVD Sat unit and keep the on-off button depressed until the the screen goes off/black and then release the button and it then re-starts by itself,

Look it up in the manual's index under 'R', resetting the system.