Sat Nav Query (Technology Package)

HawkeyeS3

Reaction score
Maybe I'm using the Sat Nav incorrectly, or am just plain dumb when it comes to using it - but having read the manual (yes I have done that) I'm still not sure if I have an issue with my Sat Nav or not.

The problem comes with entering house numbers / street names.

If I enter a Post Code, the option for entering either is greyed out.
If I enter a Street Name instead, then I can select a House Number

Surely one should be able to select a House Number when entering just a post code? That's the way systems operate - don't they?

Is there some sequence I need to follow for this, or do others have a similar issue when using post codes as the start point

Sat Nav in my S3 is the HDD base MMI system, as part of the Technology Package.

Thanks in advance

Nope, postcode is just that and nothing else, you can't enter a house number too. Whilst I appreciate some postcodes cover multiple houses, it's close enough for navigation purposes!

I'm still being thankful that Audi satnav has full postcodes these days.

Vorsprung durch Technik? I don't think so

Yep.

It's a new and recent thing that you can enter full 7 digit UK postcodes in Audi's !!!

Forefront of technology. Not !

Thanks all. Good to know it wasn't me missing something then LOL

I agree though very frustrating - if they can do it by house number and post code on the web - why can't they in a Sat Nav system - other margues seem to!!! Surprising given the technology they have in other areas, that the one "useful" bit of technology comes up short.

I've only used tomtom sat nav devices but I know they do house number and tell you which side of the street it's on. That's half the battle i get when using sat navs

The Audi navigation is better than a lot I've used in hire cars for company miles. Some of the best is I've used, Insignia or Jag XF.
If it isn't full postcode I really don't see the point.

MMI App? Hadn't thought of that, I'll try it. Although realistically one shouldn't have to resort to such exceptions, with all the other clever trickery on the car, you would have thought Audi would have put a Nav system in that could link House Numbers to Post Codes.

As for Google Maps - I see where you are coming from, but how do you link that back into your Nav system?