Sat Nav Query

IainP

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to put in FULL postcode and house number into RNS-E??? I’m sure I used to be able to but now it only lets me put in the first bit and then pick the street number. Am I just being a muppet?

Oh, and I have tried :rtfm: !!!

Cheers :)

RNS-e only supports 5 character postcode so I don't think it will ever have let you put in full postcode searches.

Hmm, i did wonder if i had imagined putting in the full post code!

Also, does anyone know how to check the firmware version and where newer ones can be downloaded from?

What's the latest version number and where can you get downloads? Is this an Audi dealer job or can you get them on the web?

I think 0600 is still the latest, I see Audi have just released the 2008 DVD for the RNS-E, Ive not seen a copy yet so this may have an updated version on.

What version are you running currently? I doubt Audi will upgrade it, 0600 can be downloaded from HERE

Hi – I am indeed on 0600 so as you say, guess will wait and see what the 2008 DVD brings…………

So do you just download that 0600 version onto a disc and stick it in RSN-E and thats it?

I think mine came with 0500

Version 650 is the latest, it now shows height above sea level, and a few extra tweeks. But you can get version 660 that will enable the SDS functions.

Rich

Just for clarity - Audi have not released version 660.

650 is the latest Audi release of the firmware.

660 is a hacked version of 650 that enables SDS functions.
To get the RNS-e to do a software update it needs to see a newer firmware version so has been called 660 to make the RNS-e think it is newer.

Don't forget that for SDS to work you will also need to make a small modification to the microphone wiring to make it work.

The SDS version is quite cool - being able to control the RNS-e by voice commands but it is perhaps a little gimmicky? You will need to be good at memory as there are a lot of commands to remember.

But, with the exception of some cable to make the wiring mod and a little time, it is a free upgrade so it's got to be worth doing - hasn't it?

hi im a vewbie on here can anyone tell me how to get the navigation disc for rns-e satnav unit please

Err buy one! From ebay or your dealer would be a good place to start!