Satnav Map Update

Alex L

Reaction score
I’ve noticed there’s a map update available on the other half’s RS3 but the file size is circa 600mb - do you guys just download it using the cars data? I’ve no idea what the data limit is per month either.

Download on computer from the myAudi.com site.

Unzip and transfer to a usb drive, then install.

If there is no update for your car on the myAudi site, then your car doesn’t support this feature.

The instructions are pretty clear on the site. I’ve found usb easier than micro SD for the updates.

Reactions: Alex L
Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.

Shame you can’t connect the car to the home WiFi and do it that way

Thanks, I’ll take a look at that.

Shame you can’t connect the car to the home WiFi and do it that way

I downloaded it and didn’t think twice, very straight forward and all in the background.

I wasn’t aware there was a data limit when you are getting the free subscription with Audi connect from factory.

I literally never use the data, only for satellite maps which look great. I must be missing something because Audi connect seems pretty useless?

Reactions: NevMan, Alex L and Phil3
I downloaded it and didn’t think twice, very straight forward and all in the background.

I wasn’t aware there was a data limit when you are getting the free subscription with Audi connect from factory.

I literally never use the data, only for satellite maps which look great. I must be missing something because Audi connect seems pretty useless?

Echo the last part... apart from the map display, I don’t really see much use in it :grimacing:

Did you download it in the car using its data then Matt? How did you go about doing it so I can have a quick play? cheers

Echo the last part... apart from the map display, I don’t really see much use in it :grimacing:

Did you download it in the car using its data then Matt? How did you go about doing it so I can have a quick play? cheers

It would be very well used if it could be used as a hotspot in the car without an extra SIM, would be great for things like WiFi dashcams. I did once manage to fool it into giving internet access to my phone, but not for long.

I only did it a few weeks ago, found myself in the maintenance menu’s somehow while killing time (I’m sure will be where you’ve seen the update) and there was simply a download button, I recall you are able to select what countries you want to download. It downloaded over 10/15 minutes and then installed while the car was driven, all in the background and no need to stay on the download page it was very easy.

Reactions: Phil3, NevMan and Alex L
Cool thanks, I’ll get her to download while at work tomorrow as we have no mobile reception here.

She’s never used the Audi Connect either and when I tried to get it working yesterday it needed her to sign up to something which again I couldn’t do due to lack of mobile reception

Reactions: AudiNutta
It would be very well used if it could be used as a hotspot in the car without an extra SIM, would be great for things like WiFi dashcams. I did once manage to fool it into giving internet access to my phone, but not for long.

I only did it a few weeks ago, found myself in the maintenance menu’s somehow while killing time (I’m sure will be where you’ve seen the update) and there was simply a download button, I recall you are able to select what countries you want to download. It downloaded over 10/15 minutes and then installed while the car was driven, all in the background and no need to stay on the download page it was very easy.

Nice one mate... I’ve have a fiddle later on... soon as I get the car back from having a tyre sorted that’s picked up a screw :rage:

Nice one mate... I’ve have a fiddle later on... soon as I get the car back from having a tyre sorted that’s picked up a screw :rage:

Let me know how you get on, I’d have a look for a more detailed instruction if I had the car hit it’s currently having PPF redone as the last lot was so delicate it would be scratched by a passing breeze :lmfao:

Not to mention on the P&R bus to Gatwick Airport, Lanzarote bound :whistle2:

Don’t talk to me about tyres, had a nightmare with them of late. One of my fronts bubbles on the sidewall so changed two, 150 miles later one picked up a screw on the edge... binned :puke:

...Don’t talk to me about tyres, had a nightmare with them of late. One of my fronts bubbles on the sidewall so changed two, 150 miles later one picked up a screw on the edge... binned :puke:

Always happens at the worst time as well! Luckily mine was near the middle so it’s with the garage now so get it ‘fingers crossed’ plugged... be heading to see soon!

Always happens at the worst time as well! Luckily mine was near the middle so it’s with the garage now so get it ‘fingers crossed’ plugged... be heading to see soon!

Should be absolutely fine in the middle, as you said.... fingers crossed.

Reactions: Phil3