Satnav maps expired

Buxton2901

Reaction score
So it would seem as my car ticked over 3 years old I've lost my satellite view on my satnav along with the live traffic etc .
What is the best way to get this back? Do I need to buy a sim card or just pay a yearly fee of something?
Someone help me please cos I'm missing it

Thanks
Paul

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

I'll +1 Carplay, if you want to get the satellite view back though you need to pay (a hefty) fee through the myAudi app and the Functions on demand section.
The remote services (so locking/unlocking, checking the location and fuel level of the car) cost £4 pm and around £36 pa, the satellite view and live traffic are £16.50 pm or £164 pa which isn't really worth it in my opinion.

By carplay, do you mean android auto via plugging my phone into the car?
Is there a wireless option for this?

Thanks

Reactions: Bishop187
Not natively but you can enable it with Carista/OBDEleven/VCDS, it's well worth it though less so for Android, from my own experience years ago and general consensus on other forums Android Auto doesn't quite stack up to Carplay (iOS equivalent).

By carplay, do you mean android auto via plugging my phone into the car?
Is there a wireless option for this?

Thanks

Yes you can buy a dongle. I use a carlinkit one, been using it for a few years now. Normally bout £60-£100 depending on where u but it for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can pay for an annual extension for MyAudi, or do it monthly. I'm in the same boat and paying monthly (~£20), as I'm looking at changing it in the next couple of months.