Saturday's Day Of Shiney Shine Shine!! (Mk4 Gora Detail)

loafy

Reaction score
Ok, while we were at Ultimate Dubs, my good pal andy was mentioning how he would like to clean his gora up after a long winter, so me and gerry said he could come down to RD tyres one saturday and we would give it a go!
This is the gora (for those that dont know, bora with a golf front end ;-) before we started, forget to take before shots!
033fq8.jpg

The Wheels Were Caked In Brake Dust, and Good Old Tar Spots non the less
001ht0.jpg

Process consisted of:
Wash
** Pre Soak Car With Hose
** Wheels Sprayed With Chemical Guys Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner and left to soak for 10 -15mins whilst i set up the pressure washer and buckets, etc
** Wheels Then Washed With Mircofibre Mit and Meg's Wheel Brush to remove the majority of the dirt and the likes
** Shampoo was Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash N Wax using the two bucket method, Windows bonnet, roof, boot, upper body then lower body of car in that order
** Then Washed Off
Claying
Next stage was too clay the car, i showed andy how easy it was to clay and he started the body of the car using Sonus Green Clay
detailingclaygre.jpeg

and some chemical guys quick detailer
I then set off on the wheels using the Sonus Grey Clay
autopia_1899_663703

to remove all the rest of the rubbish on the wheels.
Polish and Wax
Now that the car was clayed and then washed again using the same process at the start using the same chemical guys products, after this point we used the Large Waffle Weave drying towel from chemical guys to dry the car off and we moved in side out of the sun light.
We went on to the polishing stage, now due to not having the pc with me, we went for Auto Glyms Super Resin Polish to feel the swirl marks that you could see on the body.
I applied the polish with andy and gerry following behind wiping off the excess with a polishing mirco fibre towel in a downwards motion to work the polish into the swirls and slight imprefections.
Once the car was finished it was time to find the good old Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore Paste Wax (What A Smell, Hmmmm)
XXX-1.jpg

We applied again by hand and using a mirco fibre appilcator pad with again andy and gerry following behind wiping off with a clean micro fibre towel.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The after shots
024yl0.jpg

023jv2.jpg

Well chuffed how well the wheels came up, after spending a hour claying them!
022ru3.jpg

015cv0.jpg

031hw9.jpg

021nv5.jpg

019ko4.jpg

018kg1.jpg

025jo0.jpg

026vc8.jpg

029ul9.jpg

The Money Shot For Me Has To Be This
030yi5.jpg

This showed u how well the car came up, next time smile andy ;-)
020os7.jpg

sporting new oxford edition stickers ;-)
028ji8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All these products can be found on www.carwashnwax.co.uk and i am glad andy was happy with the job we did, but hopefully we will get the pc on it soon!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well since i did the gora, i felt it was only fair to give Gerry's golf a wash and a wax
** Wheels Sprayed With Chemical Guys Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner and left to soak for 10 -15mins
** Wheels Then Washed With Mircofibre Mit and Meg's Wheel Brush to remove the majority of the dirt and the likes
** Shampoo was Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash N Wax using the two bucket method, Windows bonnet, roof, boot, upper body then lower body of car in that order
** Then Washed Off and Dried with another Large Waffle Weave drying mircofibre cloth
** Then a coat of Meg's Cleaner Wax again applied with a mirco fibre applicator pad and Removed With Mirco fibre towel
This Is how it looked after it:
024yl0.jpg

017zu3.jpg

032ul2.jpg

016ha6.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and then the audi was lookin bit dirty since its last weekend since it was last washed and the 400miles covered this week made it a tad worse so the process for the audi was the same as gerrys golf
** Wheels Sprayed With Chemical Guys Blue Rim and Wheel Cleaner and left to soak for 10 -15mins
** Then Washed Off and Dried with another Large Waffle Weave drying mircofibre cloth
At this stage i was still not happy with the light swirl marks on the car, the ones i never got off from when i pc'd the car a few weeks back (still learning)
** So having some Auto Glym's Super Resin Polish in hand i fired a layer of that on with a mircofibre applicator pad and followed by wiping off with a mircofibre polishing cloth
** Then a coat of Meg's Cleaner Wax again applied with a mirco fibre applicator pad and Removed With Mirco fibre towel
Rather pleased with the results as u can see:
013vf7.jpg

014pl2.jpg

012hd6.jpg

011ns1.jpg

010kj1.jpg

009ef8.jpg

008ub2.jpg

006dv6.jpg

005de0.jpg

004eu1.jpg

002xn3.jpg

Scary or What??
007jx1.jpg

before anyone says i am missing the center caps, its cos i dont fancy running around with Sterling Silver engraved Center Caps incase wee hands get to them!
image144oq4.jpg

dsc00624zt5.jpg

Plus at 95pounds to replace all four aint a cheap option lol (we have 24k Gold ones too, our supplier can do any logo ;-) )