Scam?

quattrogone

Quattro Back!
Reaction score
Long story short is I'm looking for a first car for my daughter, she keeps finding cars on Facebook which is the way the kids do things these day's. After countless cat N / cat S let downs I've been having a look. Found a car on gumtree which is tidy looking but at 5k on 17plate I thought yeah somethings up! Tried calling the number and straight to voice mail (girls name on the ad)
So I text, I get a reply and it shows a name instead of just the number, txt says hi I'm Adam, if your interested in the car it's 5k and email me at name@sky-movies.co.uk
And the txt has a footnote that this number can't receive incoming calls / texts.
I've not even mailed him as I am suspicious of the address alone.
Am I being paranoid lol!

So many dodgy dealers hiding behind innocent looking FB ads, just leave well alone.

Avoid like the plague. Most likely crashed damaged or outstanding finance.
Even hpi clear doesn’t mean it’s good. One of my old cars was finance through the dealer with Barclays and it never registered on Hpi as having outstanding finance. I sold the car to another dealer a year later who checked it and paid me for the car. I paid it off with the money but goes to show hpi isn’t as good as they put out to be.
If it’s too good to be true it usually is.

I'd steer clear of anything valuable advertised on Facebook

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Or just steer clear of it full stop.

Reactions: Garrett 69
Yeah, I generally follow my gut feeling and this is no different. The advert was on gumtree as unlike the younger generations I will have nothing to do with Facebook as a matter of principle. So I have been looking on gumtree and autotrader. I've told my daughter that I will sort it out as I'd rather go through a registered dealer and pay a bit more.
It's the email addy that gets me as how can someone end up with an email like that unless it's anything other than a scam, I could be wrong but surely that's an address for a Sky employee.

Yeah, I generally follow my gut feeling and this is no different. The advert was on gumtree as unlike the younger generations I will have nothing to do with Facebook as a matter of principle. So I have been looking on gumtree and autotrader. I've told my daughter that I will sort it out as I'd rather go through a registered dealer and pay a bit more.
It's the email addy that gets me as how can someone end up with an email like that unless it's anything other than a scam, I could be wrong but surely that's an address for a Sky employee.
I believe sky just use @sky.com. It’s a dodgy registered domain that’s to imitate a legitimate business.

What I was thinking, fecking scammer's.
I had one from tvlicense.com or something like that and even the email looked authentic and 99% like the real email I got from the real tv license folk. That 1% was what gave it away for me.