Scarcity of used cars with Wingback seats

Alan Oliver

Reaction score
I know it's an age old adage that you can never ever get a used car in the exact spec you want but weighing up between a RS3 or E92 M3 at mo and I know the UK RS3 8P allocation was low, And consequently the used market will be a low amount of cars for sale at any one time but I am amazed at the tiny amount relative to that of cars with the Wingback seat option fitted. I know the car was a touch under 40k when launched before options but having had Wingbacks in my 8p S3 I couldn't contemplate a RS without them. I look daily on AT app and have the search alert & 9 times out of 10 car is right colour, Mileage, Black Pack and then I get to the interior shots at its Arghhh!
F*cking IMHO boring normal seats.
Only car on AT in my desired spec is overpriced & nigh on 300 miles from where I live.....

Frustrating!

Why don't you buy a car with the pov-spec seats and then buy and fit the Wingbacks afterwards?

I know someone selling freshly retrimmed RS3 wingbacks so don’t let that stop you. Mine were standard seats but I spent top money as I wanted them. If you have room to store you can always swap them back around as and when the time to sell to regain some of your money back.

Why don't you buy a car with the pov-spec seats and then buy and fit the Wingbacks afterwards?
Yep that is a possibility but a lot of used Wingback seats are out of S3 so don't have the RS3 logo embossed on them, It's a fair bit of hassle for me in my current medical condition to source, Collect, Transport and then fit them into the car. My post is an observation as much as anything, I guess the Sports seats afford the most rear passenger legroom but IMHO its sacrilege to see an RS car without Buckets, Goes for 8v RS3, B7 RS4 etc