Scorpion exhaust fitting/fitted update

Stu2w

Reaction score
as the title says :)) done about 100 ish miles with it fitted. Perfect!
No drone at all not even at 30 40 50 60 70+

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    672.1 KB · Views: 251
Reactions: scotty76, Chop., Rich M and 2 others
I'm getting a custom intake made as we speak! Only giving a few pics at a time. :))

I'm made up with mine, the sound is absolutely spot on

Reactions: Stu2w
Glad you guys like the scorpion, my goal when making the exhaust thread was to stop people blowing massive money on an exhaust that they may end up disliking. If I save one person from wasting money it was worth it.

Reactions: Stu2w and RyanJonS4
New custom handmade intake for stock air box which contains a nice new K&N filter

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    802 KB · Views: 233
Hey Stu! Loving the pics. Custom intake looks good too, nice work. Getting rid of that resonator on the stock inlet is a must for maximum air flow, as is the K&N filter.

Regards the exhaust, I recently replaced my Milltek with the same Scorpion "no-drone" system but I'm in dispute with the exhaust fitter about whether it's installed correctly. On my car the rear section of the system hangs very low and you can clearly see it below the diffuser/bumper:

How does this compare with the install of your system? Would you say this is right? I have the RS5 rear diffuser but the rear boxes are un-modified and installed on the original hangers so that makes no difference at all.

Thanks @Jay your defuser looks class ! I will check system on Saturday before I use it. The intake is epic! Tom made an awesome job of it.
The n/s exhaust dropped and needed to be adjusted when it was fitted. Love the sound tho.. Or should I say lack of it! Lol

Cheers Stu! Here's a pic of it with the Milltek ovals poking through:

04 IMG 1659

It now has OEM RS5 black exhaust trims fitted instead, and the Scorpion system blows through those from behind. Tidier, but it doesn't look quite as beefy anymore. Can't win 'em all!

I have to say, coming from a non-res Milltek (with bad drone) the sound output of the Scorpion is a real shock. It's very subdued! There's absolutely no drone, which is great, but I have to say it is lacking drama. Once my currently newborn son is a bit older I might replace the rear resonators with straight pipes, ala Milltek non-res, and see what happens :rapture:

If you could look at the system from the back and comment on whether it hangs as low as mine I'd really appreciate it. Cheers!

Reactions: Stu2w
Did the defuser fit with no issues? I need one might even change the tips to oval!

Diffuser is a proper custom job! I entrusted the task to Headley Bodyshop as there's a fair amount of fabrication involved to blend the gaps. Then the exhaust has to be modified/adapted in order to blow through the ovals as opposed to hang below the diffuser. I've regretted it on several occasions believe me, but it does set the car apart.

The exhaust does get more beefy as it settles

Just collected car back from JJB York.
Revo stage 1.5+
Revo DSG it's a different beast!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    505.9 KB · Views: 186
  • image.png
    image.png
    709.8 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: razza1