Scottish car show 21st July 2013 at SECC (Glasgow)

I've still got half a tank and no-one has said a word. We're in Hall 5, right up against the East wall. Head in the NW gate and they'll point you to door 4.3, turn left and head through the opening into hall 5. We're just past the Supras.

Hey guguy sim planning on coming tomorrow and was wondering what time are people going to head to the secc for on Sunday?

I'm expecting them to actually gather people tomorrow before going in to each stand, so if you guys all aim to arrive at the same time it should avoid another another annoying little "issue". The hall was only about half full, if that, at 5 so there might be a bit of a rammy tomorrow if it's just open entry like today.

Im not gonna come through so everyone have a good time

Also been scanning through the info pack and can see absolutely no mention of the 1/4 tank thing.

We will need drip trays for the duration of the show, we will all need to have wristbands on for the duration of the show (I have them, will hand them out on arrival), we will need to put the green sheet of paper on our dash (no idea what for, presumably something to do with location in the hall for the people directing cars) and we will need to stay at the hall until the end of the show (no exceptions, once cars are in they're in.from 9am-5pm).

Also, not really going to be an issue, but it does say everyone's car has to remain switched off the whole time too (an obvious one) and that any damage or loss/theft of property is not the responsibility of the organisers or the SECC (unless the roof collapses or something).

Thats some lame excuse that Daz!!! Just take the car for a healthy drive until its below 1/2.............40 mile drive to Glasgow plus alittle bit of spirited driving and voila. Mine was 1/2 when I was in the SECC today and no-one bothered. I didnt see any car checked and theres at least 100 in there parked up overnight

Had a quick swoop by the stand, lovely cars :) also got myself a wee lanyard so thanks for that :D

Reactions: Sandra
Big thanks to Adam for travelling up to Scotland for the show. Thanks to Martin and Mark, you guys did a great job with the event. Great to meet Reg, nicki, jimmy, john g, scott, elliot and everyone else who stopped by the stand. Hope you all had a great day. :) x

Reactions: voorhees and MartayMcFly
Ow, my feet. Photos to follow (if I don't just go straight to sleep once I get to the hotel).

Reactions: voorhees
Was a good day out, although the old legs and feet are feeling it now!!

Thanks to Marty for organising it and mark for getting the A4 in tip top shape and everyone else who bothered to come along - great to put a few more faces to names :)

My feet are killing me also!

was a great day and great to meet some new people as this was my first meet thanks again guys and Martin take it easy driving down the road, hope that half tank does u haha

Yeah. Was a good crack, minus getting stuck in traffic on the way home. Grrr.
Top Job Martay and Mark and everyone else involved. Good effort guys.
Right so whats next???...............

Great day had by all. Elliot zonked out as soon as we got onto the M8. Huge thanx go to Adam for bringing the flags, T-shirts and other stuff, Marty for organising it and myself for being just a good all round bloke.....and to everyone for bringing their cars along and showing them off. Well done guys you know who you all are. That 1/4 tank rule was a right killer eh!!!!!

Was great to put the names to the faces and fingers crossed we can get the big tent up next year. I am just uploading the pics so will publish them in the photo section real soon.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
Had a look round the stand had a great day and very nice cars on the stand.
also thank you for the free lanyard, much appreciated.

I think Adam deserves the biggest thanks for making the absurdly long drive up just so we could have flags and free stuff... solid effort! Mark also needs recognition for making sure the stand was up to scratch (or scratch-free) for the show, even showing up early today to finish off polishing the cars. Hero.

I'll sort through my photos and find the in-focus ones, where there isn't too much glare from the lights (and Jimmy's car isn't pink) and get them up in the photos thread too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brodster
Marty, think you will find that my car is green and jimmy is pink, good to meet guys and hope to see you again Nice UR John.
Off to the the riverside museum in Glasgow then back to Aberdeen. Thanks to every one.

Haha, touche... my bad, had been a long day. There isn't any pics of yours pink, luckily.

It was a great day, and good fun guys, good to meet up with you all, some cracking cars.

Big thanks to Martay for organising it

Pics are up guys. Piccie section at the top
Thanks Mark, will check them out now. Thanks for a great day, you and Martin worked really hard and also, would like to say sorry for forgetting to mention Eric on my other post, was really good to meet him as well. :) x

Hi folks, just a quick word to say thanks to Brodster's son for insisting my son and I take a free lanyard each at the ASN stand yesterday. Cars on the stand were realy tidy, and the members were welcoming and friendly, especially Sandra.
Hope to see you at AITP5,
Cheers John G.

Reactions: Sandra
Iain, was a shame you didnt make it, it was a great day. John it was pleasure to meet you and your son, hope to see you both at many more meets :) x

Thanks Mark, will check them out now. Thanks for a great day, you and Martin worked really hard and also, would like to say sorry for forgetting to mention Eric on my other post, was really good to meet him as well. :) x

haha that's ok Sandra, I'm a very forgettable kinda guy :p

haha that's ok Sandra, I'm a very forgettable kinda guy :p

Not at all, i just had so many names in my head, no excuse though. I wont forget the next time, lol. :) x