Scottish car show 21st July 2013 at SECC (Glasgow)

Can we leave the car's in over night on the Saturday? will be in Glasgow if you guys need a hand with thing's on Saturday.

Hi Reg, I'd like to get the car in Saturday too and give her a wee final dust down...and I'm free to help on the stand :sm4:

Hi Reg, I'd like to get the car in Saturday too and give her a wee final dust down...and I'm free to help on the stand :sm4:

Hi Jim, Agree with you, coming down from Aberdeen it will give me time to give it a dust down and clean a cover it so it's ready for the Sunday then help out if needed.

Can we leave the car's in over night on the Saturday? will be in Glasgow if you guys need a hand with thing's on Saturday.

Yes we can. Anyone wanting to come/go down on the Saturday to set up (and give their car a quick re-clean) will be able to leave their car in the hall over night.

I'll just be making my way through on the Sunday I think - i'm up for the early start convoy.

What are we saying for those who want to meet up then? 6am departure from hermiston gait?

Just 8 more days to go, so looking forward to it. See you all there. :) x

Reactions: MartayMcFly
The club stand info pack and tickets should be sent out on Monday so will have a better idea of where we're setting up, and which gate to go in by etc. I don't know when I'll be getting home this week, so I will do my best to get the tickets all sent out asap (will rope in a helper) or may just have to take the tickets down on the Saturday and hand them as and when you all arrive.

What time is everyone pitching up on Saturday? Cant see it taking too long if theres enough of us there to set up the stand. I know a few cars will be staying overnight so just need a ball-park time to pitch up.

I'm wanting to get there around lunch time (maybe late lunch). That is all still dependent on me being onshore before, or very early, on Saturday. Mark, I may have to ask you to take over ticket-distributing duties on the Saturday if it looks like I'm not going to be back by then. I'll get the tickets and info pack to Reg/Jimmy and they can drive it down?

This trip couldn't have come at a worse time... will likely not know if I'm going to even make the show until the day before I get home (whenever that might be). If I miss this one though, I'll start job hunting for onshore work... I need my weekends back!

Martay hope you make it back in time, it won't be a problem to take the tickets and info down to Glasgow, will be staying on the Saturday & Sunday at the Hilton Williams Street will be down between 1.00 & 2.00, will go strait to the SECC to drop off the tickets before i go to the hotel on the Saturday.

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I'll maybe try and pop through on the saturday, will depend how much time I have though!

So is anyone else going to be coming through from the east on the Sunday morning?

Martay hope you make it back in time, it won't be a problem to take the tickets and info down to Glasgow, will be staying on the Saturday & Sunday at the Hilton Williams Street will be down between 1.00 & 2.00, will go strait to the SECC to drop off the tickets before i go to the hotel on the Saturday.

Great, I think we should make that the plan and then if I'm back in time I'll get the tickets etc back off you and proceed as originally planned (head down Saturday for lunch time and meet anyone who is there myself). If I don't get back, or will be too late to get down in time on the Saturday, then you can pass the tickets to Mark, or hand them out directly? PM me your address, and let me know when you're free, and I'll get someone to drop everything with you this week.

Reactions: Brodster and weebeasTTie
Can I have everyones mobile number please so I can figure out where everyone will be so I can get tickets distributed quickly.....txt me please - zero-seven-837 954862......and no deep husky voices please if your thinking of phoning....ta!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just back from my holiday so trying to catch up with everything, if you're leaving hermiston gait will you be heading M8 way? I'll try meet up at Harthill services if you are or somewhere around Falkirk if you're going the M9 way

I'll be leaving Hermiston Gait (well, just from my house if i'm not meeting anyone at Hermi) and yeah heading along the M8.

At the moment it kinda sounds like its just me depending on which way Mark decides to go - so I can meet you at Harthill if need be no problem and then I think Mark had talked about joining around about Bellshill.

Either way, i'm leaving Hermiston Gait / Edinburgh at 6am..... so wherever you are coming from you can work your timing around that.

Cool i'll meet you at harthill around half 6/quarter to 7 ish then.

Mark, I've just emailed you the list of everyone's numbers (for people on the stand). Please, everyone, don't put your mobile number up on the forum... it'll get scanned by a bot and you'll get spammed or worse... potentially.

Thanks Marty. I will be leaving about 0600 and going over the back road through Carnwath and Carstairs which takes me to a couple of junctions just above the Bellshill turnoff. I can make Glasgow in about 50 mins from my house so say about 0645 about that junction.

Right..... So......

Hermiston Gait - 0600 - Me!

Harthill - 0630 - Me + dzTT

Belshill - 0645 - Me + dzTT + Mark

Any other takers?

How strict are they going to be with the quarter tank of fuel limit?

No idea tbh - still seems like a stupid rule to me. I've managed to burn most of mine off so I should still be under the quarter tank come Sunday.

Does seem a bit of a silly rule im struggling to get mine under half a tank for sunday haha don't want to go all the way through for them not to let me in

Just finished day 1 of cleaning. Noticed loads of scratches and dull marks so need to polish tomorrow now haha :(

20130718_151320_zpsbdef5e4a.jpg

Dazz

Sorry Mark, got a failure notice but junk doesn't come through on my phone. I'll get it resent asap.

I'll be on the way early Saturday (currently sailing up to Montrose to be home tomorrow night). I'll take down the tickets and dash sheets (apparently included in the show pack)... need to clarify one final potential "issue" with Sharon. The 1/4 tank thing will be possible checked before we are allowed in to the hall, as well as every absolutely WILL need a drip tray. Doesn't need to be fancy, an old tea tray with some foil on it if you want, or a couple of quid from Asda like I've got.

See you all this weekend!

Didnt get round to mine today......gonna have to do it when I come back from setting up the stand on Saturday and then quick wash on Sunday morning in Glasgow.

Daz get some Sonax Perfect Finish on that black - will look amazing. Im bringing some over on Sunday along with the Bigfoot so if your wanting a quick going-over then no probs.

No probs Marty I have most folks numbers now anyway so see you on Saturday afternoon.

I should probably give you guys a heads up as per the mini-disaster potentially coming for those planning on setting up on Sunday: despite previous indication that it'd be fine, the show pack says that clubs need to gather together in the car park (we'll be shown where our dedicated meet point is at the gates to the show - any gate) before all cars are checked (doesn't say what for, that's why I'm assuming the 1/4 tank rule will be enforced). Then only once all members are together, will we be taken in to the hall and on to our stand/area.

I've asked for clarification why this absurdly late in the game they're now dropping something that obviously important on us, and will report back once I hear. For now, hopefully I can ask all those on the stand who were planning on coming through on the Sunday morning to please keep Saturday afternoon free, just in case. Sorry to leave it until the 11th hour, but I can only feed through information as and when I receive it.

Glad your making it Martay, have you got the drip trays? was looking at some today. will be down about 13.30 Saturday.

I'll probably be at the SECC between 12 & 1 on Saturday. picked up a pack of 3 foil trays from Asda. Not that big...about 10" square...hopefully that'll do the job.

So I need to drive for nearly 3 hours and then only have 1/4 tank left? Plus I need to then fill up for going home? What a joke rule.

Tried reading all the thread but so many posts, are you also saying we need to put the cars in on Saturday now also? I won't manage that at all. I'd have no way to get home and have plans on Saturday.

If its as above then I may have to pull out :(

So I need to drive for nearly 3 hours and then only have 1/4 tank left? Plus I need to then fill up for going home? What a joke rule.

Tried reading all the thread but so many posts, are you also saying we need to put the cars in on Saturday now also? I won't manage that at all. I'd have no way to get home and have plans on Saturday.

If its as above then I may have to pull out :(

Crisis averted - I got word back that it is only car showing up on the Sunday that will need to go in all together, anyone planning to show up on the Saturday will be more or less free to go in anytime (just so they make sure everyone is in and set up before they open the doors). They basically just don't want people showing up last minute and having to make their way in amongst/between all of the other stands. Anyone arriving on Saturday is still OK to do so. I had a mild panic over that one.

I'm aiming to be there for noon on Saturday, so everyone else arriving on Saturday will need to find me to get their tickets and a sheet for putting on the dash (I think it just had club details on it, not actually seen them yet). Anyone coming on Sunday, I'll be up and ready for around 7am and we'll need to get everyone together before going in to join the rest of our cars.

I only have on tray, but can certainly pick up more if anyone needs. And, as much as no-one can figure out quite why, we will all need to aim to have no more than 1/4 tank of fuel. The drip trays I understand are to protect the latex floor covering in the hall... the empty tanks can only be some bs promo for a local Shell garage.

The usual last minute 'cluster-f**k' I suppose. I also need to use my car for getting back so fingers crossed we're allowed to bring them in on Sunday morning. If not then Im looking at somone picking me up and droping me off. Will see what Marty comes back with.

Marty did we figure out how we are securing the tent down.....was it the water filled containers we discussed earlier on in the year?

See you all on Saturday.

Sadly Mark the tent is too big (16m wide) so it will only be the flags in each corner. Will likely be using gazebo weights or similar to hold them as, at 16ft, they're liable to topple if not properly secured. Wouldn't be ideal having a flag fall onto someone's car, or head.

As above - anyone arriving Saturday will only need to wait for their ticket to get in, anyone arriving Sunday will have to wait for everyone else arriving Sunday (from our stand) before all going in together to join the ones that set up on Saturday.

If they're not budging on the quarter tank limit then I might have to pull out, still just under full tank and don't think I'll be able to do the 400 miles to get it down to quarter full haha

Im just gonna pull out, still not even close to 3/4 of a tank and not really wanting to syphon out that much. Have a good one anyway and I'll catch up with you all next time

I'm bringing a roll of bin bags which, as per their email, will suffice as a drip tray so there should be enough for everyone if anyone forgets.

Mark - bringing your gear would be helpful, my front end needs attention already. Dunno what the fock the seagulls about here eat but it's clearly toxic!! :(

dzTT - you need to let me know for sure whether you're going or not as I don't wanna be sitting waiting on you if you're not coming buddy.

My plan is still to meet mark about 6:45 near bellshill, so we should be at the SECC for the back of 7.