scottish meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
​Sounds good. What date you got in mind?

could be up for this, may only be a quick visit though

i work over the weekend once every few months, this being one of them :(

I'm away until March 6th, so probably not going to make this. Few places I'd rather be, and stuck in the middle of the North Sea is definitely not on that list. At least it's snowing!

are we going to have this meet or not trying to plan my work

does any one want to have june meet before car show in july

Would be good to see this become a regular monthly thing to be honest - I know other sites / clubs have successful regular meets which are just pre-planned on certain days (i.e first sunday of the month as an example).

The advantage of this is that folk will always know when the next meet is, rather than having to memorise specific dates or whatever.

I'd defo like to see the social side of ASN expand a little.

I agree and suggest that a easy to get to venue is chosen. It can always be changed later if needed but the hardest part is to get people going in the first place. Once everyone gets used to it being on a set day the rest should be straight forward.

Sounds like a good idea to me, would be good to get something regular set up

I guess the 'venue' is the big issue. The problem being that we have a whole country to try and keep happy here rather than just a region..... Unless of course you wanted to split it by region or area?

Finding a venue that folk will want to come to from all over might be tricky....?

I think it would definintely be worth while doing though.

What would folks preference be? A midweek evening meet? A daytime weekend meet? An evening weekend meet?

i would be up for a meet. only thing is i go on holiday 19/06 - 10/07..

I think the best chance for getting a decent amount of members to turn up would be a weekend type event.

I know of a midweek evening monthly meet that happens just down the road from my house but by the time I get finished work etc. theres virtually no time to get along to it.

Finding a venue will probably be the trickiest part, got to think somewhere that will have cover (maybe pub/resturant near by for the winter months) theres nothing worse than going to a meet and it pouring down with rain

Your man is right. Why don't we establish where everyone is from and work out a central meeting point.

1) Richard - Glasgow
2) Brodster - Edinburgh
3) Erik - Edinburgh
4) Sandra - Glasgow'ish
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited by a moderator:
I propose that if we can achieve 10 people we can determine a venue and that a meet should be held there on the last sunday of every month..

1) Richard - Glasgow
2) Brodster - Edinburgh
3) Erik - Edinburgh
4) Sandra - Glasgow'ish
5) Murray - Ayrshire
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Its looking like Glasgow or there abouts would be most suitable. I'd opt for the south side somewhere but i may be biased.... would Silverburn be an option?

Thing with that is, a regular meet in Glasgow isnt going to appeal to folk in the Aberdeen / Inverness area.

But likewise, moving the meet further north to please those folks is going to make it less appealing to folk in Glasgow / Ayrshire. Its just such a big area to cover.....

Maybe you'd need two meets, one central and one northern? Not sure.

If it was one single meet - i'd probably suggest that somewhere like Stirling as mentioned in the original post might be the best compromise.

1) Richard - Glasgow
2) Brodster - Edinburgh
3) Erik - Edinburgh
4) Sandra - Glasgow'ish
5) Murray - Ayrshire
6)Dazz - Falkirk
7)
8)
9)
10)

I think it will probably end up being split into regions, due to the size we're trying to cover. But saying that we could organise one or two 'big' Scottish meets ever year, either in a central location or have it change each time.

Stirling would probably be the most central place for a monthly meet but may be easier to have one in the east, one in the west and one north?

I think Stirling would be a good place to meet. All in favour? stirling castle car park would be a good place to get some good pictures too

Reactions: Brodster and Aly
Why not alternate between two locations. Then if someone wants to make the trip they can on the next one.

Yup, this would work also - although in essence that would be the same as having a bi-monthly Northern and Central meet :)

I think Stirling would be a good place to meet. All in favour? stirling castle car park would be a good place to get some good pictures too

I'm up for that! Can see the castle fae ma hoose! Lol

Good venue mate......lets set the date. Im easy for all dates as I just go with the flow. If anyone is after detailing products I shall bring my detailing goodie bag/box for folk to have a look through. If your after a specific wax then let me know and I shall bring it with me.

sat the 6th july 2pm stirling caslte car park
or bandq car park

Kudos for stepping up and committing to a date, think thats what it needed someone to do.

But...... Saturday afternoons aint the best for me personally so i'll need to be on the growing lists of cannae's :(

Might be easier to get something sorted for end of July/begining August, but probably saturday afternoons wouldn't be the easiest to attend for most people. I know for me that if there isn't a home football game on a saturday afternoon the mrs usually wants me to spend some time with her :slap:

Reactions: Sandra
I'm up for it! But how about meeting at 'Castle Business Park' it's dead during the weekend.. Good opportunity for some pics and it's straight off the motor way!

Ill be on holiday until the 9th of July so I will be at the one in August if we get something set up for then

Kudos for stepping up and committing to a date, think thats what it needed someone to do.

But...... Saturday afternoons aint the best for me personally so i'll need to be on the growing lists of cannae's :(

Exactly.....it doesnt have to be a mod to organise an event. If anyone wants to just bang details up so that we can see and we will all discuss....easy as.

Is any one going or not this never seems to go anywhere

I'll not make it along, don't finish work till half 5 :( first friday of the month is usually my other local vag forum meet as well.

I'll maybe be able to alternate every other month haha

Status
Not open for further replies.