SD card advice and RNSE

Jooles

Reaction score
I'm off on abit of a road trip in a few days to the EastYorkshire Coast but I haven't got round to putting any music on SD cards yet. Mine is the later model of RNSE with black bezel and chrome knobs but with the tv/cd button so have got 3 non HC 2gb cards. I've formatted them with FAT32 and have the music in mp3 format ready on my laptop but I'm unclear on how to group the songs and how many in each group so if anyone could give me a quick lesson?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just load the sd cards up, you don’t need to worry about grouping them. Or you can group them into folders on your pc and give them a name there before transferring them onto your cards. As to how many, that’s your own personal choice, just fill them up.

Your type off rnse will only show X amount off songs if i remember rightly how many i can't mind off hand but iirc its over a thousand . If you put you songs in the folders with the Artists name it should show them in Alaphabetical order .

I'll have a go tonight if I get back early enough, I can always delete them and start again if it doesnt work- it might have been easier with an aux socket but for some reason mine hasn't got one (2012 A3 S line black edition)
Your type off rnse will only show X amount off songs if i remember rightly how many i can't mind off hand but iirc its over a thousand . If you put you songs in the folders with the Artists name it should show them in Alaphabetical order .

I'll have a go tonight if I get back early enough, I can always delete them and start again if it doesnt work- it might have been easier with an aux socket but for some reason mine hasn't got one (2012 A3 S line black edition)

Going by the net it looks like thr aux was an opition on your device so it might be worth doing a little more research . I have the later version and i know you can buy a plug with the cable attached and run it down the back off the unit and out at the right side off center console or down into ashtray delete if you havr removed ashtray already.
Have a look here as there is some stickies that might help you ( https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/forums/satellite-navigation.147/ )

Last edited:
I've not removed the ashtray yet but it's on the list although I have replaced the cigarette lighter with a 12v plug that looks like the volume knob.
I transferred 3 2gb as cards of music last night, tried it in the car and it worked! On the display it all comes up in alphabetical order but I couldn't create folders on the cards when transferring from Windows media player but I think I might be able to organise it better now itstransferred. One problem I have found though is that quite a few albums I got from a friend are not mp3 format but something else - I haven't figured out how to convert to mp3 apart from burning onto a CD then ripping back onto media player then delete the original non mp3 tracks. It's abit long winded but it would work I think.

The sound quality in the car is alot better than I was expecting so I'm almost ready for the road trip!

On your pc right click on the song then click properties to see the format it's in, then just google for a free whatever you have to mp3 converter.

Get yourself an APR downpipe , sounds better than any MP3, use elec window switch as volume control.

Its 170bhp Quattro and a great idea but not sure it's the same on a diesel
Get yourself an APR downpipe , sounds better than any MP3, use elec window switch as volume control.

I've not removed the ashtray yet but it's on the list although I have replaced the cigarette lighter with a 12v plug that looks like the volume knob.
I transferred 3 2gb as cards of music last night, tried it in the car and it worked! On the display it all comes up in alphabetical order but I couldn't create folders on the cards when transferring from Windows media player but I think I might be able to organise it better now itstransferred. One problem I have found though is that quite a few albums I got from a friend are not mp3 format but something else - I haven't figured out how to convert to mp3 apart from burning onto a CD then ripping back onto media player then delete the original non mp3 tracks. It's abit long winded but it would work I think.

The sound quality in the car is alot better than I was expecting so I'm almost ready for the road trip!

What u can do is make a folder with artists name on desktop then copy all songs into folder then just placr folder onto card then it should show up with the Artists folder click that and your songs should be in there.
As to @paddy suggestion on the Apr i personally like the Bcs powervalve exhaust system.