Sd Card music? how please?

H20 MRV

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just traded my C63 in today for a 2011 RS5 and the sd card and music that worked on my Merc does not work on my Audi, What do I have to do please?

So far the Audi seems very good compared to my Merc!!

I used realplayer with MP3 files and that works fine. Don't forget to import to the jukebox to create more space though!

Slightly separate question but is there also a limit on the maximum storage capacity for the SD cards?

How do I make playlist? :) Also old radio unit 2007-2008~ plays only 2gb sd, but you can flash it (update sw) and it will play 32gb.

A playlist is literally just a list of files in text document with extension .m3u
I have seen comments that you need to use various #EXTM3U and #EXTINF instructions but I didn't bother and it works fine.
Just remember to use the actual path to the files, e.g. get rid of the C:\ (or whatever).
I have my playlists in the route directory of the SD card, and also a folder called MUSIC with Artist and Album sub-folders, so my playlist looks like this:

MUSIC/Artist/Album/song1.mp3
MUSIC/Artist/Album/song2.mp3
etc...

Reactions: Dieselburner
I'm having problems with my 2009 S3 not reading the cards, now is it because they have to be just SD cards and not SDHC cards and what format does the music have to be? Also it says the limit for SD cards in the manual is 256mb which I can't see being right?

Anyone got any idea? Cheers

I'm still hoping for an explanation while my Concert goes through the SD card and can't read 3/4 of the files. I'm using AIFF files but I can't find anyone that can explain why some are read and some are not. They are not protected files. Any help would be much appreciated.