SD Card question

I am currently 'playing' with a 128 GB SD card and it is working quite happily.

Any advance on 128 GB ?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Currently using a SanDisk 64gb and a 16gb SanDisk also. Work fine

Can you put videos on the SD Card?

I have yet to try it but I believe so.

So far I have tested mp3s, which as you would expect work and audible audio books which dont work from the sd card but do from the iphone via the usb slot or car play (And presumably bluetooth too)

The manual says that cards up to 128GB will work. I'm using a SanDisk Ultra 128 GB SDXC Class 10 Memory Card - £29 off Amazon, which works like a charm.

Its weird this one, because on the A3 the technology pack allows use of SD cards up to 2tb's, whereas the A4 brochure states 128gb...

I think the largest size is 256gb at the moment with 128gb more common, which is probably why audi spec the support for them on the a4. There ar phones that support up to 2tb as well, but like the a3 technology pack only the support is there. Personally I would think the a4 supports them as well its just they're not saying..

I have 64GB SD card but quite often to get the car to recognise it I have to eject it and pop it back in again, maybe 1 in 3 times I get in the car. Anyone else got / had this problem?

I have 64GB SD card but quite often to get the car to recognise it I have to eject it and pop it back in again, maybe 1 in 3 times I get in the car. Anyone else got / had this problem?

It's the Panasonic brand you linked to? I can't see that being an issue... I've lost the document I was reading earlier, but usually there is a limit on the number of files you can have per folder (and sometimes drive)- do you know how many you have in a single folder? I'll see if I can find that doc again.

OK, I may only have been using the sd card for a three or for days but it has come online every time without fail so far - can you try another make of sd card?

That was an unintentional link, the sd card is a Verbatim, the car is going into Audi tomorrow for something unrelated and they are going to check out the sd issue while it's there, I'll let you know how it goes...

Its weird this one, because on the A3 the technology pack allows use of SD cards up to 2tb's, whereas the A4 brochure states 128gb...

2Tb SD card? Where do you get those?

It seems like with the A3, they are simply stating the maximum of the SDXC standard, which is technically 2TB - even though like silver fox says, there are no 2TB cards out there *yet* https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

TBH - You are going to run into other limitations before getting to a 2TB capacity card, such as File / Folder limits in the MMI Operating system! That's why I feel they are being more reasonable with quoting a tested 128GB for the A4.

OK, I may only have been using the sd card for a three or for days but it has come online every time without fail so far - can you try another make of sd card?
Update: car was in at Audi today, turns out that the car reads slot 1 as a priority and my SD was in slot 2, with the Nav SD in slot 1, a simple swap should have fixed the issue, according to the tech.

I am new audi owner can u help me i dont know where to find the sd slot in my audi a4 quattro 2.0l tdi s line.
Plz can u help me i know where the pen drive slot is in the glove which needs an extention for pen drive usb to be used

Thx i found i think i found it hidden behind a panal under the cd slot

Now i got an issue with usb port it wont reconise my 2tb usb pen drive. I tried my mates 2tb it worked but the muic on there was not converted to mp3. Any one else have this problem.

Now i got an issue with usb port it wont reconise my 2tb usb pen drive. I tried my mates 2tb it worked but the muic on there was not converted to mp3. Any one else have this problem.

Try comparing the formatting of each drive - is one FAT and the other NTFS? I can't remember which one the MMI prefers but that caused me problems before.
Also maybe put the files in a folder so they're not sat in the root directory.

Thx pierreluigi88 i will try this

Reactions: pierreluigi88
In the glove box
Upload 2018 1 16 13 15 34