SD card

joinerman

Reaction score
Put some music on a 2gb sd card a while back and it plays fine in the car, took it indoors last night and put some more music on it, won't play any of the new stuff in the car but put it back in pc and it plays all the new tracks, what's going on ?

This is happening to me all the time.
Its because of the format of the file.../ bitrate of them MP3's
Try converting the music files to different format- then convert them to MP3 again.
Or just download it again but from a different source.

Agh right thanks, don't have a clue how to do any of that, i just put the card in the puter open media player, drag the tracks i want to the right hand side of the screen & click sync, that's my limit, lol

As above really. I use a program called "MP3 quality" something or the other and it allows you to change the bit rate of mp3 files. They tend to work after I've converted them to 320kbps bit rate. No idea why this happens though.

Well I've sussed out how to get my music onto the SD card & all plays well, EXCEPT when i try to add more tracks to the card, they go on the card ok & play on the computer but put the card in the car & they won't show up, all MP3
What's going on ?

I understand that there is a limit to the number of folders and files that the RNS-E can handle on a single card. Also, there may be a limit on the length of file names too.

As for 4GB SD cards I am struggling to find any of the older cards for sale anywhere. Am having to make do with a handful of 2GB cards but find you can get plenty of albums on them. My RNS-E is the 2 SD card slot version - the DVD slot is used by the SatNav.

The only 4GB cards I can find are SD"HC"/Class4 upwards type. Hopefully forum members can suggest an outlet for the 4GB SD cards.

Thanks Dave, I've shortened all the titles on most of the music & now they play.

At long last , Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh

was going to get 2 of them but 8.95+vat postage for 2 sd cards they can shove it up there a$$

Didn't realise the postage was so high, it was the only one I could find with a decent price as others want £23 just for one,
I got a 8 from here https://flashmemo.co.uk/platinum-4gb-sd-card.html and they do free postage but they don't have any left in stock.