SD cards to use in 07 plate A4 satnav

IainP

Reaction score
Help! I have an 07 plate A4 Avant with DVD sat nav. It has slots for 2 SD cards for music etc. but the manual says that only 256MB cards supported - surely not these days???

Has anyone used bigger cards (1,2 or 4GB) successfully?

There won't be a problem using 4 or 8GB SD cards in them, I am running a 4 & 2 side be side with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Jason

big.buoy said:
There won't be a problem using 4 or 8GB SD cards in them, I am running a 4 & 2 side be side with no problems.
8GD cards will NOT work. 8GB cards are all SDHC cards, and the RNS-E won't read SDHC cards - only SD cards.

So the largest card you can use is 4GB - but be careful when buying them since 4GB cards are available as both SD and SDHC cards - you MUST get the SD ones.

I use 512MB, 1GB, 2GB and 4GB SD cards in my RNS-E and keep them in a storage box I got from Tchibo - so I'm carrying the equivalent of over 100CDs with me!

Having the SD Cards is much more convenient than CDs, I hate clutter in a car especially lots of stray CDs that seem to appear from nowhere.

I admit I haven't tried the 8gb. I do know that the maximum number of tracks on one SD card mustn't exceed 512.

CD's are now a thing of the past methinks!

Regards

Jason

Cheers everyone - got a 4GB and a 2gb working perfectly :)

Worth noting that it only plays MP3 and not MP4 files so you have to convert or tell apps like iTunes to rip as MP3.

Happy now :)

A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro Special Edition