Seals On Rocker cover & sump leaking

PrivateRy4n

Reaction score
Hi first post here really and I am after some advice already lol:Grey B7:

So i have a 67 plate (mid 2017) RS3 with just over 18k miles on the clock. Have owned it for 2 weeks now and have noticed a slight weep from the bottom Sump pan seal and also spark plugs 2 & 4 have oil around them, which i am guessing is a rocker cover gasket/sealant replace.

Just wondering if this is common or what can cause this at such low mileage, what can i expect and as having only owned the car 2 weeks do i return it from where i bought it or do i go ahead with my extended audi warranty and get it sorted.

Thanks in advance hopefully someone can shed some light on my situation maybe :D

Overfilled oil, or excessive crank case pressure (bad pcv system or excessive blowby) are the usual suspects. Best get the car looked at and make sure it's not the latter.

Hi first post here really and I am after some advice already lol:Grey B7:

So i have a 67 plate (mid 2017) RS3 with just over 18k miles on the clock. Have owned it for 2 weeks now and have noticed a slight weep from the bottom Sump pan seal and also spark plugs 2 & 4 have oil around them, which i am guessing is a rocker cover gasket/sealant replace.

Just wondering if this is common or what can cause this at such low mileage, what can i expect and as having only owned the car 2 weeks do i return it from where i bought it or do i go ahead with my extended audi warranty and get it sorted.

Thanks in advance hopefully someone can shed some light on my situation maybe :D

Weeping oil sump is a thing on the Daza, plenty of USA owners report having the same issue, sump is sealed with a form of liquid sealant you can get from audi.
If under warranty get them to remove sump / clean mating surfaces / apply proper audi sealant and re-assemble properly.

Just make sure it’s not from the windage tray which is just above the sump as that’s an even bigger job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weeping oil sump is a thing on the Daza, plenty of USA owners report having the same issue, sump is sealed with a form of liquid sealant you can get from audi.
If under warranty get them to remove sump / clean mating surfaces / apply proper audi sealant and re-assemble properly.

Just make sure it’s not from the windage tray which is just above the sump as that’s an even bigger job.

Yes I’ve replaced the sump seal at a garage (not Audi) that wasn’t a big job, the big job is the spark plugs which have oil around them as they again use seal for the camshaft/rocker cover instead of a gasket, and to get to the seal you have to take off the timing chain section they said and will take a long time :( this sealant is useless

Yes I’ve replaced the sump seal at a garage (not Audi) that wasn’t a big job, the big job is the spark plugs which have oil around them as they again use seal for the camshaft/rocker cover instead of a gasket, and to get to the seal you have to take off the timing chain section they said and will take a long time :( this sealant is useless

But with respect you asked in your original post whether to return to Audi using extended warranty to get them both done, so why have you used a non Audi garage to do one (the easiest granted) and not the other ?
Why not take advantage of your extended warranty and have Audi do them both at the same time as there’s clearly an issue.

But with respect you asked in your original post whether to return to Audi using extended warranty to get them both done, so why have you used a non Audi garage to do one (the easiest granted) and not the other ?
Why not take advantage of your extended warranty and have Audi do them both at the same time as there’s clearly an issue.

I had the car booked in for the sump pan reseal and a full service at my normal garage I didn’t want to take the car to Audi just for a sump reseal, but during the full service (when they got to the plugs) is now where we have noticed this oil leak also which I will take to Audi as it’s a much bigger job, I hope it is just a case of a reseal and nothing else

Reactions: 8YARWY
I had an oil leak from the gearbox seal (I am not sure which one) they sorted it under warranty - they had to remove the entire gearbox. I was told over £3k if it wasn't under warranty.

Needless to say I will be buying an extended warranty before my current one is up this weekend!