Seat Bolster Digs In!

Baka

Reaction score
Does anyone else find the A3 8P sports seats too narrow on the base?

I bought one last week and there's a piece of plastic on the left side of the seat base, that is digging in my thigh and giving me a mean case of sciatica.

Is there anyway around this? perhaps replacing the foam? Cheers!

If that doesn't work I'll try some Golf seats or a Recaro. I'd like to keep the original though as it has a red leather interior and would look odd with one black seat!

I can see what all the fuss is about with MK5's/8P's now though, this thing is a riot. Once I'm comfy the power mods will begin. :D

I do find it quite narrow and it digs into the thighs a bit. Also the seat base is too low at the bum side which makes it worse, as your thighs take all the weight of your legs. I've raised the seat to the highest position, which helps a bit but not enough. I am also wondering if it's worth fitting a different driver's seat altogether, but don't know what seat to go for. Our Ford Fiesta at home is so much more comfortable, but that has a different seating position altogether. Speaking of red seats, I know Ford did a red leather Recaro seat in the Mondeo ST, which was quite a good supportive seat. Fitting it in an Audi might be more of a task though.

Does anyone else find the A3 8P sports seats too narrow on the base?

I bought one last week and there's a piece of plastic on the left side of the seat base, that is digging in my thigh and giving me a mean case of sciatica.

Is there anyway around this? perhaps replacing the foam? Cheers!

If that doesn't work I'll try some Golf seats or a Recaro. I'd like to keep the original though as it has a red leather interior and would look odd with one black seat!

I can see what all the fuss is about with MK5's/8P's now though, this thing is a riot. Once I'm comfy the power mods will begin. :D
Red leather seats, thats what i want for mine

I do find it quite narrow and it digs into the thighs a bit. Also the seat base is too low at the bum side which makes it worse, as your thighs take all the weight of your legs. I've raised the seat to the highest position, which helps a bit but not enough. I am also wondering if it's worth fitting a different driver's seat altogether, but don't know what seat to go for. Our Ford Fiesta at home is so much more comfortable, but that has a different seating position altogether. Speaking of red seats, I know Ford did a red leather Recaro seat in the Mondeo ST, which was quite a good supportive seat. Fitting it in an Audi might be more of a task though.

I'm thinking of changing the seat too. I'll give my local upholstery company a call first though. To see if they can help or if they think it's worth fitting new factory foam in the seat.

If not I might try some mk6 SE golf seats, as I find my friends pretty comfy. One advantage of the A3 is there's plenty of OEM seats to try out!

Worst case I'll get something after market but I don't really want to spend that kind of money on a seat. When it could go on handling or power. ^^

Red leather seats, thats what i want for mine

If I have to change the seat to something black or grey I might pull it all out. It depends how daft it looks.

Doesn't it have the red inserts on the door cards as well? You'll have to change them as well or it will look a bit odd.

Yup, it has door cards and a red arm rest. I might leave it in as it's a lot of hassle to pull out! Except the arm rest, which is driving me nuts.

I've spoken to a trimmer and he says you cannae widen the seats. So I've got a A4 B7 SE seat coming, as that was very comfy in my old car.