SEAT Exeo Tdi cooling problems

Neville Ramsbottom

Reaction score
Hi.
Newbie here. I have a SEAT Exeo Tdi with a CAGA engine which has cooling problems. I have changed the main thermostat, the inline thermostat and the inline one way valve but still the coolant temp drops when outside temp goes below 8 deg when at a standstill. Its ok when going along. Is there something I have missed???
Thanks

So to get this correct you've replaced the main thermostat and the egr cooler thermostat so far? Did you use genuine parts?

The issue is undoubtedly the thermostats. If BEHR MAHLE are not the original supplier for the parts change them again.

As a side note do you have a manual or multitronic? I know some of the dsgs have a third thermostat connected to the transmission cooler, yours may be the same.

Hi
Mines just a manual with main thermostat, DPF thermostat and a one way valve.
Could there be a problem with the flow in the DPF???

There isn't a DPF thermostat, it's air cooled not water cooled. There is a egr thermostat though and it seems like you haven't replaced it. That will be your next step.

Hi,
As I said at the start of this post I have already replaced the main 3 branch manifold thermostat, the small inline thermostat at the back of the engine and the one way valve. All OEM parts. Engine still losing temperature when at a standstill and outside temp is less than 8 degrees but rises again when moving.
Did it this morning on way to work. outside temp 5.5 degrees. Engine temp dropped to 70 degrees when at a standstill.