Seat Leon Cupra R brakes on A3 8L?

waggawagga

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've spotted a pair of Leon Cupra R Brembos with discs, pads and brake flexi lines. Guy says they are off an S3. Will these fit an A3 with 18" alloys? If so, is it a straight swap?

If they are good to go - what should I be looking for on the calipers to ensure they are in good condition?

Help appreciated as always.

G'day.

The brembos will bolt up assuming you have the carriers that come with them. you'd also be wise to make sure the offset of your current 18's will clear the brembos as they are wider than the standard single piston caliper.

Regarding caliper condition, best start would be to visually inspect for damage, taking note of the condition of the dust boots, damage to pistons, broken bleed nipples, damage or bends in the balance tube etc. and go from there.

If they are a good price though don't be put off by minor damage as things like the dust boots can be cheaply replaced.

Daniel

Reactions: waggawagga
as above really!

Fitment wise, they'll bolt straight on, and they're a HUGE improvement over anything the 8L came with from the factory.

Stock 323mm discs are cheap, and there is a huge range of pad options for them too.

Rebuild kits are around £60 to replace all seals and dust boots, and the stainless pistons are rarely damaged.

Clearance wise, it's all about your particular wheels. OE style 18'' 'RS4' alloys require a 10mm spacer to clear the brembos, and anything with a deep dish is going to struggle without 15mm+

Reactions: waggawagga and Essexman
G'day.

If they are a good price though don't be put off by minor damage as things like the dust boots can be cheaply replaced.

Daniel

Daniel, many thanks. Really helpful. Guy is looking £350 for calipers, discs, pads and lines. Seems cheap to me?

as above really!
Clearance wise, it's all about your particular wheels. OE style 18'' 'RS4' alloys require a 10mm spacer to clear the brembos, and anything with a deep dish is going to struggle without 15mm+

Thanks Prawn. This helps a lot. I've got 18" TT replica multifit alloys like these http://i.imgur.com/EcCqYoc.jpg .... so hoping they work. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Reactions: waggawagga
Same wheels I mentioned above. 10mm spacer required mate.
Thanks for a good guide man. I am thinking to get one for my s3 too. Currently I have 17" alloys, and I do plan to add some spacer to make it wider at one point. What you think will the Seat leon brakes work with 17" alloys and spacers?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've spotted a pair of Leon Cupra R Brembos with discs, pads and brake flexi lines. Guy says they are off an S3. Will these fit an A3 with 18" alloys? If so, is it a straight swap?

If they are good to go - what should I be looking for on the calipers to ensure they are in good condition?

Help appreciated as always.
Regarding caliper condition, best start would be to visually inspect for damage, taking note of the condition of the dust boots, damage to pistons, broken bleed nipples, damage or bends in the balance tube etc. and go from there.