Seatbelt warning installed?

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey guys anyone got the seatbelt warning system on there 8P, so if your not wearing as such, how does it warn you, is it a symbol in the DIS or a seperate symbol in the clocks unit as I got new seats & found the loom for this so thought urm cool mod, lol

Any info from an 8P with would be appreciated, thanks.

IIRC correctly, seperate symbol (not on DIS) and a warning 'bing'.

You should have seat belt warning my 2005 S-Line does. You get a seat belt light on the dash and if you start to drive forwards it keeps pinging.

There are options in the cluster coding for how it behaves.

Paul

The bing does stop ringing after so long too....

Not that I dont wear my seatbelt my mechanic mate informed me!

I'm sure coding with vag would adjust how works, but was curious how worked in dash, etka shows seat sensor aswell so wondered if this is part of to, strange why they didnt do through DIS though, those little signs in the clocks are crappy

It is in VAGCOM on the Instruments page.

There'll be a sensor in each seat to control it.

You can have the warning light on permanently with no beep
You can have the warning light on permanently with a beep for 91 seconds
You can have the warning light on permanently with a permenent beep.
You can have them all turned off.

It is in VAGCOM on the Instruments page.

There'll be a sensor in each seat to control it.

You can have the warning light on permanently with no beep
You can have the warning light on permanently with a beep for 91 seconds
You can have the warning light on permanently with a permenent beep.
You can have them all turned off.

I'll choose box numebr 4 plz :)

So does the warning go of after you have put the drivers seat belt on or passengers aswell?

Reason being I'm gonna order replacement clips for my new seats & wanted to know if drivers is only one needed with warning sensor.

NHN

goes off after you plug in the driver's seatbelt, unless you have someone in the passenger seat - in which case it will continue to ping until either they have plugged theirs in or the timeout period expires.

There should be two sensors - one in the seat to detect if somebody is sitting in it and then some sort of sensor in the belt holder thing to detect when the belt is plugged in.

That annoying warning was the first thing I turned off after investing in my VAG-COM cable!

That'll be the seat sensor then, ok now I understand it, detects pressure on the seat which then makes the sensor in the clip live, cheers Marc, now I have to figure the wiring out aswell as rest of things, lol.

I've got a new clip for the passenger side with sensor(fleabay) but as the drivers side is only one with the seat sensor(I think without pulling seats apart) I will swap over to that side.

Its probably a CAN signal to something so some head scratching required, prob DIS/speedo sends signal which then activates a relay which inturn activates the system, just thinking aloud, I'll get the clips & do another day.

im sure mine brings the flashing light on at low speed then the bing when your going a bit faster.