Seats swap help (B102715 seat occupant sensor)

Rideen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After almost 4 years of owning my A3 I finally decided to swap my basic seats with some sport seats. My car is RHD (I am not from the UK) and I seem to have bought LHD seats.
Upon plugging everything and tightening the seats, I got the B102715 error code (Front passenger seat occupant sensor - Open circuit/short circuit to B+). I am afraid to drive because amber airbag light on dashboard is on so there is a chance passenger airbag would not deploy in case of accident I believe.

I have inspected the seats a moment ago and noticed some differences compared to my old seats.
My old passenger seat has seat occupant sensor (thing near the blue connector) and 3 wires on the black connector, new passenger hasn't got the sensor and has only 2 wires on the black connector.
Old driver's seat does not have seat occupant sensor and has 2 wires on the black connector, but on the new seats the driver's seat has that the sensor and 3 wires.

Does anyone have any advice? Can these sensors be easily removed and fitted to passenger seat? If yes, please advise how, I am utterly lost at this point.

3 pictures of old passenger seat and 1 picture of new driver's seat included.

Attachments

• old_passenger.jpg
    old_passenger.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 815
  • old_passenger_connector.jpg
    old_passenger_connector.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 623
  • old_passenger_sensor.jpg
    old_passenger_sensor.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 414
  • new_drivers.jpeg
    new_drivers.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 736
Options are, swap seat cushions over, checking that the cushion has the features you need on either side, like heating, occupancy or just check your airbag module to disable belt sensor & retest.

I've swapped quite a few seats bits over, rebuilt some, etc, its not a fun job at all.

Reactions: Rideen
Thanks for the response Nhn!

How would one disable belt sensor in airbag module? I have OBDEleven (pro) and almost any thing which I try in 15-Airbags returns "(31) Function not available".

My workaround for this problem (if I cannot disable the belt sensor myself) is a bit hacky, but seems to work (at least temporarily):
I connected a wire from driver's seat occupancy sensor and inserted the other end of the wire into the passenger seat connector (which connects to the car wiring). The only drawback is that I must buckle passenger seatbelt as the car thinks the passenger is there (since sensor is under my bottom). :whistle2:

Vcds is your best bet.

Or, swap seat cushions over, its a ballache but resolves the issue.

Reactions: Rideen