Second B9 RS4

RGBARGEE

Reaction score
Well bit of a shock yesterday, had to pop into dealer with my other car with warning light issue (sorted) and caught sight of the new spec RS4. After 18 months I can jump into a brand new one 69 plate for £6600 to change. Seems like a good deal to me. Just love the B9 RS4

Why though unless "new" is your thing?! Have they altered the rear lights assuming it is a FL version?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
IMG 3087

Main reason for changing is that I have only suffered a £350 a month depreciation over 18 months and with Road tax refund on old one taken into account only £6400 to change. New model will probably retain value as well as if not better than 2018 one. ( Many extras are now standard) . I think it was a bit of a snap decision but as I had been saving for the next car it seemed a good idea. We will see. Have yet to hear the Sports exhaust!!

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Ginger_Plod
Ha ha fair enough. Nice colour tbf. Is it the Audi Sport version with black rings etc (can't tell from the pic)?

TX.

Yes, it’s the very latest Audi Sport version. Good deals to be had. Market totally stuffed as a result of Brexit. Statement of fact rather than intending to promote argument!!

Yes, it’s the very latest Audi Sport version. Good deals to be had. Market totally stuffed as a result of Brexit. Statement of fact rather than intending to promote argument!!

Attachments

• 115D2CB0-785F-479C-8B01-99B82D21BCB4.jpeg
    115D2CB0-785F-479C-8B01-99B82D21BCB4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 391
Reactions: SPIKE_, Ginger_Plod and Terminator x
Very nice, my local dealer in North London was saying that now is the best time to buy an RS, very good deals to be had before September..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and RGBARGEE
Very nice, my local dealer in North London was saying that now is the best time to buy an RS, very good deals to be had before September..

I want even considering a change but the deal was too good to be true and that’s before factoring in the 6 months road tax refund and 12 months RFL on new car 6-700£

the daytona grey is really nice. I do have to say that having done as you, saw it in the showroom and bought it. I was surprised at the discount as well plus I'm hoping the 'sport' designation will help keep residuals up a little.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Saw a green one today, slight pang of regret ...

TX.

the daytona grey is really nice. I do have to say that having done as you, saw it in the showroom and bought it. I was surprised at the discount as well plus I'm hoping the 'sport' designation will help keep residuals up a little.
What deal did you manage? When do you collect? I saw a Mythos one (like my current one) but without Comfort and Sound pack. Given the other extras on the sport I was surprised to see this pack is still extra cost.

What kinda discounts looking at for RS4? Local Audi dealer has a S/RS weekend coming up promising great offers on new and used.

My dealer has come back to me after I paid a deposit telling me they forgot to charge for Comfort and Sound pack. They initially asked for extra £1200 now reduced to £800 . What do I do? No paper signed. Deposit paid and handshake. Very embarrassing!

Looking at the sport edition cars, do the sport seats only come in have half leather and alcantara? No option for full leather?

Getting a discount on the sound and comfort options is great

My dealer has come back to me after I paid a deposit telling me they forgot to charge for Comfort and Sound pack. They initially asked for extra £1200 now reduced to £800 . What do I do? No paper signed. Deposit paid and handshake. Very embarrassing!
Let them sweat... last chance to get one with MMI wheel and if S4/S5/S6 anything to go by Audi probably switch RS to diesel!

Reactions: SiPie
Looking at the sport edition cars, do the sport seats only come in have half leather and alcantara? No option for full leather?

Leather and Alcantara only. Happy with that.

The deal I did I thought included Comfort and Sound. Dealer messed up big time.

Let them sweat... last chance to get one with MMI wheel and if S4/S5/S6 anything to go by Audi probably switch RS to diesel!
Why would anyone want an RS Diesel ? Call me an old fart but we will be seeing an RS Electron next!

Reactions: RS3 S. and CHEZ
Why would anyone want an RS Diesel ? Call me an old fart but we will be seeing an RS Electron next!

New RS6 appears to have Lambo V8, and they are talking about a performance version having the electric compressor. I would imagine that is the way the RS’s will go until all cars are milk floats

Congrats on the new 4. Hopefully you can sort the dealer c*ck up with comfort and sound pack. LOVE Daytona!! A very rare beast in this day and age

Pretty sure it was a genuine **** up on the part of dealer while systems were down. A definitely not my fault error is costing me £800 more . Dealer putting in 400 as the deal is at the limit.
Must have Comfort and Sound pack !!!

Pretty sure it was a genuine **** up on the part of dealer while systems were down. A definitely not my fault error is costing me £800 more . Dealer putting in 400 as the deal is at the limit.
Must have Comfort and Sound pack !!!

Are they offering a big discount overall?

What deal did you manage? When do you collect? I saw a Mythos one (like my current one) but without Comfort and Sound pack. Given the other extras on the sport I was surprised to see this pack is still extra cost.

i think i got around 4% off but it was an unusual deal. I had signed for a replacement RS3 a few days earlier and fell into this RS4 making my way to the salesman. Became a price to change to change discussion. The PX was not the best though. Came with Comfort and Sound pack and a very nice paint protection deal. Couldn't get a decent price for tyre insurance.

Thinking paint protection.. I usually get that free, leftover stuff. Dealer still gets 12-14% plus unit discount so 4% isn’t great.

Your 18 months depreciation very much depends how you financed your first car doesn't it? Unless you paid cash, you've lost all of your repayments and deposit too.

Repayments usually cover all or most of depreciation so even on a loan/pcp that would be double counting wouldn’t it! My cost to change (for a new sport model) similar trim is a ‘loss’ of about £375 a month plus loss of interest on £60k. £50-100 a month. Bargain for 18 months RS4 motoring.

M
Repayments usually cover all or most of depreciation so even on a loan/pcp that would be double counting wouldn’t it! My cost to change (for a new sport model) similar trim is a ‘loss’ of about £375 a month plus loss of interest on £60k. £50-100 a month. Bargain for 18 months RS4 motoring.

Its not double counting, is it? You paid cash so its different. However, if you'd financed it at say, £1K/ month, you're depreciation is £18K plus the £6,600 cost in my ledger.

You've just got to go with what you're comfortable with!

M

Its not double counting, is it? You paid cash so its different. However, if you'd financed it at say, £1K/ month, you're depreciation is £18K plus the £6,600 cost in my ledger.
If you are financing at £1k a month a large element will be capital repayment part of which is covering the cost of depreciation. If you borrow 50k and interest rates are 5% you are paying about 200 a month interest so 800 is capital reduction. At the end of 18 months you have repaid over £14000 way more than the depreciation in my case...Simple isn’t it!!

I’m getting mine in September! Even better come resale. But trouble getting registered Re derogation.

If you are financing at £1k a month a large element will be capital repayment part of which is covering the cost of depreciation. If you borrow 50k and interest rates are 5% you are paying about 200 a month interest so 800 is capital reduction. At the end of 18 months you have repaid over £14000 way more than the depreciation in my case...Simple isn’t it!!

In your personal scenario, you buy your car outright with cash, own it for 18 months and you trade it in for a new car you're buying with cash, the cost of depreciation would in fact be your quoted £6,600.

In a more typical scenario of the same initial car purchased for £60K, financed with a £10k deposit and £1000/ month which you trade it in for a new car 18 months later, lets say you're buying cash for £60k to negate the speculation of hidden incentives. Regardless of interest and capital percentages, the cost of depreciation is £10K + £18k +£6,600. Unless you were financing the new car for a significantly less monthly commitment.

That's how I look at it, but that's why I'm a salesmans nightmare.

Anyway, enjoy the new beast!

I think you are missing something!! The £50 loan will be reduced by the 'capital' repayment element of the £1000 at about £800 x 18 You do not still owe £50k You only owe £50k minus 18 x £800 (£14400) .. So in your scenario the loss would be £6600 + £3600 (£18000-14400) or a total cost of £10200 .. Check it out !!

@nervus ... selling a car with zero expenditure on consumables after 18 months for a new one also saves in my case 50% of the cost of a service £200, 50% of the cost of a set of tires £500 etc etc...

I think you are missing something!! The £50 loan will be reduced by the 'capital' repayment element of the £1000 at about £800 x 18 You do not still owe £50k You only owe £50k minus 18 x £800 (£14400) .. So in your scenario the loss would be £6600 + £3600 (£18000-14400) or a total cost of £10200 .. Check it out !!

Agreed but your manuipulating the numbers to assign costs to differing elements. Cost is cost, so its still depreciated by the deposit (£10K) + £18K + £cost of change (whatever that may be)!

If the cost of change is a positve number, you've lost £28K before you've started no matter how you justify it or present it for approval. I can do man maths as good as anyone but unfortunately so is SWMBO!

****** hell @RGBARGEE ....... yeah that all does appear to be a great deal though :icon thumright:

So you've gone for Daytona rather than black this time then yes ?

And this car is a face lift - is that correct ?

What other changes will there be over your last car ?

****** hell @RGBARGEE ....... yeah that all does appear to be a great deal though :icon thumright:

So you've gone for Daytona rather than black this time then yes ?

And this car is a face lift - is that correct ?

What other changes will there be over your last car ?
Latest model and 69 reg.
No nets on seat backs, no colour LED, no spare wheel. It is the latest sport model and seemed a good deal. Daytona was the only colour choice with Comfort and Sound.