Second hand coilies

winger

Reaction score
Iv just recently fitted a second hand set of vmaxx coilovers :) I'd like to go as low as possible but do i need to let them rest first. As they have already been used will they settle straight away?

Depends if they are still stiff. If you want to go lower, only way is to take rear adjuster out and the front helpers out

the rears as as low as i can go without taking the adjusters out, im getting a bit of rubbing so i might have to do the screw and liner mod. the front is sitting nice for my liking. im only maybe half way down on the thread so loads of play. silly question but what are the helpers? cheers

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
the rears as as low as i can go without taking the adjusters out, im getting a bit of rubbing so i might have to do the screw and liner mod. the front is sitting nice for my liking. im only maybe half way down on the thread so loads of play. silly question but what are the helpers? cheers

Yeah the rear if you take out screw it should do the job, if still rub, camber the rear until it stops with the standard arms :racer:!

the helper spring; the front you should have two springs, one is a big one and theres a small one under it too, the small one is a helper spring, some mot places are a bit fishy with it, so if you do take it off do not lose it incase mot dont go through. I have seen a lot of comments regarding it, but myself my mot passed fine when i had it done.