Second Hand S3 8P Pre Facelif - Slim On Extra's

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
Well the time has come to sell and from going from a Porsche Cayenne to a Range Rover Sport i've now been looking at second hand S3's and a lot of them seem to be very slim on extras.

Really wanting either a black of white one with buckets, sat nav, rear park, flat bottom and no sunroof but can't find one at all on AutoTrader.

Were the optional extras so much from new?

Damian @ DPM

siu00adg is selling his, sprint but it has the buckets....

Who said there was anything wrong with it? :shutup2:

Spotted a black one on Audi.co.uk with all the kit but it's 29k and has privacy glass (another thing i don't want)

Damian @ DPM

Well the seats were about £1,500, and sat-nav about £2,000. The others were pretty cheap though, wheel and parking sensors both about £200 from what I remember.

Holy sh.. only 1500£ for bucketseats in England

In Sweden the bucketseats are 3300£,damn stealers here:keule:

Alex - tell me your new business venture has nothing to do with sales?? You're supposed to talk people IN to buying in lol

Buying used with a specific spec in mind is a pain in the butt but worth perservereing.
It took me a while to find the right car for me, but I ended up with a 4 month old, 4K Miles S3 for £25K which cost the 1st owner 30K !!

Good luck.

Cheers
Paul

Alex - tell me your new business venture has nothing to do with sales?? You're supposed to talk people IN to buying in lol

Haha! I mean I wouldn't go blue again because I've already owned a blue car! Blue and White were my two choices and it was just because my mates said white was too drug dealer that I went with Blue in the end, I would have tossed a coin otherwise!

You need to hold out for the buckets as to retro fit them ( new from Audi ) its 4k , used ones dont come around at all ATM.

The same with the FBMFSW , you can get them on ebay.d

Sat navs can be retro fitted for £500-£600

leon

Didn't even cross my mind to get another S3 when i started looking at a new car but we've started to get a lot more in the shop now and i'm liking them more each time we get one. Got one the other day that was Berry Exclusive, wouldn't me my choice but still looked nice and must be a rare colour.

Damian @ DPM

To be honest Damien i wouldn't be too worried about buckets.... You can retro fit identical Recaro branded ones (Audi's are recaro's, just de-badged).
If you're getting a black or white car i think i'm right in saying you can get some black and white leather recaro's for around £1500. Not sure where you stand with heated seats though :uhm:. Think they're called the 'CS' model. Others may know better than me.

Anyway what i'm saying is not to let a mint car with generally the right spec get away for the sake of items which can be retro fitted anyway.

White with good spec is very hard to find. I have been looking for 2-3 months and the seats were a must. Ended up with a new one as I was offered a very good deal and discount, so got the spec I wanted. I see Pistonheads does have a fully loaded white one on it now, but the Audi dealer wants £31,850 http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/719932.htm for it and its a pre-facelift. Mine was considerably less than that new with equal spec ;)

The privacy glass is actually smoked glass and not just a film on clear glass isn't it? :uhm:

Yeah factory Privacy glass is different glass. I forgot to order and had to have film on my S3 and it looks very different when you park up a factory and retro fitted tinted car.

That Berry Car will be one of a kind - it looks fantastic in the flesh and they must be open to a deal on it as they have had it from new, and they have dropped the price a lot since it was first advertised.

Why dont you get one without the seats and then upgrade to some propper nice recaros? just make sure you get a car with black leather and it should be easy to match.

Why dont you get one without the seats and then upgrade to some propper nice recaros? just make sure you get a car with black leather and it should be easy to match.

I already suggested this BUT....I'm not sure if the branded Recaro's are available with heating.

I'm finding it difficult to actually work out how much some of the second hand S3's i'm looking at are actually worth.

Found one with low mileage and pretty much the spec i'm after but just don't know what to pay for it.

:uhm:

I'm finding it difficult to actually work out how much some of the second hand S3's i'm looking at are actually worth.

Found one with low mileage and pretty much the spec i'm after but just don't know what to pay for it.

:uhm:

I had a right hassle finding a used S3 with the right spec/mileage/price.
Like you Im from `up North` and I found the choice up here very poor.

Ended up in Slough for mine. 13hr trip I could have done without but was worth it in the long run.

You planning a remap?

Cheers
Paul

I was looking at secondhand but the prices are too high when you take into account dealers offering between 8-10% off a brand new shape S3 the difference is not enough to justify buying a year to 6 month S3.

Go for an ex demo VAT qualifying.

If you are VAT registered trader you can claim the VAT back as a Demo car.

I was looking at secondhand but the prices are too high when you take into account dealers offering between 8-10% off a brand new shape S3 the difference is not enough to justify buying a year to 6 month S3.

Yeah that's what i was thinking. Suppose you could get a new fully speced up one for maybe 28k after discount, the one i've seen is 22k and it's a year and a half old.

:shrug:

Are you still looking?

I'll sell you mine if you want it! not sure on the amount though as i'd have to make sure i cover my finances! What are you looking to spend?

Mine is

Ibis White,
FBMFSW
Heated Front Seats
Rear Parking Sensors
Black Optics Pack
DVD Sat Nav
6 CD Changer
BOSE
Privacy Glass
Black Leather
Aluminium Inserts

I've added

Custom Exhaust
Carbonio Air Intake
Green Air Filter
Phantom Black Wing Mirrors
12mm Spacers to Rear Wheels

Its 7 months old and done 11k (mostly motorway miles). Not had oil change or service yet. Oil change in 2500 miles and service at just short of 20k according to DIS.

Feel like i've missed something out.....

In mint condition and get very well looked after (the misses will vouch for that!)

Interested?

I've noticed the same problem with the lack of well specced second hand ones around.

Plus i prefer the facelift so it looks like i'll be going for a new one if i make the plunge. Never bought a new car before. Dread to think how much i'll lose as i drive it out of the showroom!!

The one I bought was 4month old and had lost 5K!

I reckon Ive lost another 3K in the 7month Ive had it.

Its an expensive business, but you like what you like and you only live once, no pockets in a shroud....etc...
Enjoy it now and worry about depreciation when you come to sell.
Buy, lease, hp, whatever, its all `lost money`.
But so is going to the pub and Im not about to stop that neither :).

Cheers
Paul

no buckets seats i'm afraid but like people said you can retro fit some

Buckets will be hard to find on 2nd hand motors... I think a lot of people when buying new look at them and think £1600...... I can live without them - I know I did - don't get me wrong, they are awesome but I'd rather spend my £1600 on two trips to the alps snowboarding!!

Buckets will be hard to find on 2nd hand motors... I think a lot of people when buying new look at them and think £1600...... I can live without them - I know I did - don't get me wrong, they are awesome but I'd rather spend my £1600 on two trips to the alps snowboarding!!

I use the back seats quite bit so was put off by the more restricted access.
And the fact used cars with buckets were demanding around 1K premium.
They do look the ******** though.

I too love the buckets I really dont know why they are so much money not worth £1600 on a already expensive car would do without & go for nice two tone leather also do without the sav nat too...between them pays for a nice holiday wont get much more either on your resale.

I too love the buckets I really dont know why they are so much money not worth £1600 on a already expensive car would do without & go for nice two tone leather also do without the sav nat too...between them pays for a nice holiday wont get much more either on your resale.

Agree.
Go for 2 tone and retro fit Nav.

Im going for retro fit Nav but will have to live with black leather (no real hardship IMO!) and std seats are fine for me anyway.

But in my experience buckets and Nav Do make a difference to resale unless that trend has changed in the last 6 months?

That said the buckets do finish the cabin off nicely and give a purposeful look and possibly more hardcore feel.

Paul

Yeah i do like the buckets myself but again wasn't prepared to shell out an extra 1600 big ones.

Yeah i do like the buckets myself but again wasn't prepared to shell out an extra 1600 big ones.

Its a `nice to have` option but IMO the std seats are so good with leather at no cost makes buckets seem a little pricey.

Unless money was no object I probably wouldnt spec new, however I would happily have a car with them fitted as long as I wasnt paying a premium for them in a used car.

At the end of the day £1600 gets you retro Nav, REVO and a Thai bride.
Fun indeed.:)

Paul

Buckets are just a nice to have...looking on the Audi used site struggled to find hardly any with them most car reviews I have read say the standard seats are good enough unless you have £1600 to throw away....personally bit of a rip off for the money on a already expensive car !!!! same as sat nav quite happy with a £250 Tom Tom