Secondary decat delete

forever

Reaction score
Is this something you can do yourself? Or does it need to go to a garage et el? I take it Audi will just sell you the parts?

Is this something you can do yourself? Or does it need to go to a garage et el? I take it Audi will just sell you the parts?

You can quite easily do this yourself.
If like me you have a PFL car then you can order the de cat parts for the 2017 FL model and unbolt the secondary cats and refit the Audi ones.
You may need to re new the exhaust gaskets and locking nuts.

If you have a new GPF model exhaust then I believe you need to map out the sensors on this.

I have a 2016 PFL and have the Audi oem decat pipes sat in my garage.
I’m still unsure of whether to do the mod as some days the exhaust is so load ( i also have the CETE valve controller) that i can’t imagine what it would be like decatted!

You can quite easily do this yourself.
If like me you have a PFL car then you can order the de cat parts for the 2017 FL model and unbolt the secondary cats and refit the Audi ones.
You may need to re new the exhaust gaskets and locking nuts.

If you have a new GPF model exhaust then I believe you need to map out the sensors on this.
Thanks, so i have a 2016 model with the dynamic pack, so has the sports exhaust, do i just walk into Audi and ask? Anyone know the cost?

Reactions: DW81
Thanks, so i have a 2016 model with the dynamic pack, so has the sports exhaust, do i just walk into Audi and ask? Anyone know the cost?

I ordered my parts with Crewe Audi parts.
Tom Fox is the guy to speak to, sometimes he is active on here. Just give them your reg details and they will sort out the parts mate.

Reactions: forever
Does the sports exhaust have secondary cats? I assumed that it came without them?
Cheers.

Ha! sorry my reply wasn't very clear. Whether the car has a sports exhaust or not, the car will still have secondary decats from factory.

Reactions: Naylor92
Ha! sorry my reply wasn't very clear. Whether the car has a sports exhaust or not, the car will still have secondary decats from factory.
Haha I know chap! Not to worry. I’m picking up a PFL on Saturday and it has the sports exhaust. What will it sound like with the secondary cats out then? Too much?

I have an RSQ3 now with a fully PCW modded exhaust and secondary decats. It sounds mega, but obviously it isn’t a sports exhaust set up like the one on the RS3.

Haha I know chap! Not to worry. I’m picking up a PFL on Saturday and it has the sports exhaust. What will it sound like with the secondary cats out then? Too much?

I have an RSQ3 now with a fully PCW modded exhaust and secondary decats. It sounds mega, but obviously it isn’t a sports exhaust set up like the one on the RS3.
I have sports exhaust and secondary decats with exhaust valves tricked into being open all the time and cold start is extremely loud and a bit embarrassing. The way around this is a CETE valve controller which is what i'll probably end up buying. It does sound incredible though when driven hard!

I have sports exhaust and secondary decats with exhaust valves tricked into being open all the time and cold start is extremely loud and a bit embarrassing. The way around this is a CETE valve controller which is what i'll probably end up buying. It does sound incredible though when driven hard!
Nice! Do you have any sound clips or videos of it chap?
Yeah I wouldn’t want a massively loud cold start as I live in quiet estate and my RSQ3 is bad enough haha! But I have a valve controller on that aswell, I have the special exhausts one. Very good piece of kit. Will no doubt have to get one for the RS3.
Does it sound nice around town and built up areas haha!? That’s what it’s all about! The sports exhaust does sound mega standard though too doesn’t it?

About a year ago Crewe Audi charged me £160 for the two secondary decat pipes

Whats it like with the CETE + Decat in Comfort/valves closed, as thats what i use when cruising on a long motorway journey so don’t want it too loud/droney?

No video capturing the sound on the PFL ever does it justice.
I have this setup on my PFL and according to mates that have followed me say it sounds mega loud and insane.
I drove through London one early Saturday morning in a business district where the streets are quite narrow and you are surrounded by skyscrapers and the exhaust sound bouncing of the buildings as to be heard to be believed

Reactions: Naylor92 and Bryant1998
I’m still unsure of whether to do the mod as some days the exhaust is so load ( i also have the CETE valve controller) that i can’t imagine what it would be like decatted!
Just decat It was the best sounding car I've ever owned even pipping current M5 imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Naylor92 and 8YARWY
Drop it into first at 5k revs and watch people’s faces. Priceless

No video capturing the sound on the PFL ever does it justice.
I have this setup on my PFL and according to mates that have followed me say it sounds mega loud and insane.
I drove through London one early Saturday morning in a business district where the streets are quite narrow and you are surrounded by skyscrapers and the exhaust sound bouncing of the buildings as to be heard to be believed
Tempting me this.

Definitely worth secondary decatting then with sports exhaust?
Oh yeah sounds amazing. My local petrol station (knew the guy well!) could hear me leaving their place for a few miles!

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY, DW81 and Naylor92
Oh yeah sounds amazing. My local petrol station (knew the guy well!) could hear me leaving their place for a few miles!

TX.

I suppose like someone said earlier in the chat, no video does it justice until you actually hear it in person. Can’t wait to have the sports exhaust though and just enjoy it for a bit before secondary decats. I will definitely do it as I have it on this RSQ3.

Reactions: Bryant1998
Would you be up for selling your decat pipes mate?

Does anyone have the contact for the guy at Crewe Audi please? Also looking seriously into get my secondary decat pipes now I’ve got a valve controller en route. Will all oem, Milltek and scorpion ones sound the same? I could get them made custom but the guy who I use has obviously had to close his business down.
Cheers.

Miltek and scorpion ones will be just the same as the Audi ones, a hollow metal tube, however the miltek ones had a plaque wielded on them saying ‘not for road use’
Audi ones are plain with just the part numbers
5440F129 E417 4B9B A6FE F24489ED1A29

B3172D36 CBFE 4483 A9AC 972B6792CB94

Part numbers from my Audi ones Naylor

Miltek and scorpion ones will be just the same as the Audi ones, a hollow metal tube, however the miltek ones had a plaque wielded on them saying ‘not for road use’
Audi ones are plain with just the part numbersView attachment 200164
View attachment 200165
Part numbers from my Audi ones Naylor
Cheers chap,
So they’re all the same and will sound the same. I’ve seen some cobra ones which are cheaper however I’ve noticed that the diameters are different, the cobra ones are 2.5 inch and the Milltek and scorpion are 2.75 and even 3 I think. Will this make any difference too??

I’m sure the will all sound the same, I just bought the genuine Audi oem ones, at least you know they look like they are part of the exhaust system and no ‘not for road use’ labels on them, and fitment will be

I’m sure the will all sound the same, I just bought the genuine Audi oem ones, at least you know they look like they are part of the exhaust system and no ‘not for road use’ labels on them, and fitment will be
How much were they? By the way I have a pfl model too.

Do the cars make it through MOT emissions tests with the secondary decat ... or am I gonna have to buy my MOT guy cases of beer again?

Do the cars make it through MOT emissions tests with the secondary decat ... or am I gonna have to buy my MOT guy cases of beer again?

Just don’t take it to an Audi dealership as they will know it had 2 sets of cats and will fail it.

am i right in saying that the FL already has the secondary de-cats done?

FL model did not require a secondary set of cats as the fuelling and emissions on this engine was changed from the PFL model.
However the straight pipes that come with the FL model are a direct replacement to the secondary cat pipes you remove from the PFL model.

Reactions: jebusRS and wuta3
FL model did not require a secondary set of cats as the fuelling and emissions on this engine was changed from the PFL model.
However the straight pipes that come with the FL model are a direct replacement to the secondary cat pipes you remove from the PFL model.

Didn't know this, irrelevant to my 2018 car then. Still lots to learn about these cars as a new owner

Reactions: DW81
Got the cete controller on today though and it’s made a huge difference. Just need to get the cats out though, the louder the cracks the better!

Sorry to bring this up again, but how do you get hold of the guy from Crewe Audi that can get these for us ?