Secondary decats

RedRS3Reilly

Reaction score
had a set of milltek secondary cat deletes fitted last month and I’m not keen on the the noise, changing them back to the catted ones in the morning, anyone else done this.
It’s got the Audi sports exhaust which sounds great anyway

Fitted mine last week but to be honest I’ve not driven the car since!!
My drive home with them on I was about 75% happy with them.
Hoping they’ll grow on me as I line the extra cracks and bangs but found the part I liked on the oem sports exhaust was like 3500rpm which since fitting the decats has moved that to over 4000 rpm??

Mine sounds excessively loud, almost like there’s a hole in the exhaust, sounds too raw, sounded awesome before I removed them anyway, I think I will buy an active valve controller , any ideas on what’s available?

Not sure assuming your pre facelift like mine.
Think Awe switchpath do one and Monpole on here had a posh one that worked through your drive select modes.
I opted for the oem Audi ones and find hardly any difference with the flaps closed. With the flaps open it probably takes it from a 6 or a 7 to a 10 with the decats.

Not sure assuming your pre facelift like mine.
Think Awe switchpath do one and Monpole on here had a posh one that worked through your drive select modes.
I opted for the oem Audi ones and find hardly any difference with the flaps closed. With the flaps open it probably takes it from a 6 or a 7 to a 10 with the decats.
Yes mate mines a pre fl

Yes mate mines a pre fl
When I had mine done my initial thoughts were that it was just too much. But it grew on me and I ended up preferring it. As you say though, it's already loud!

Reactions: Marshy
Sports exhaust + decat rear on a PFL is heaven to me, you guys must have high oestrogen levels ;)

TX.

Reactions: RedRS3Reilly, D0C and FBF01
Anyone on here used the toyosports decat pipes on ebay, about £100.

Feedback, about to pull the trigger on these after getting messed around at my local dealership for the Audi ones.

Cheers