Seeking Advice Audi S3 2019 sport back

Quicker

Reaction score
Hello,

I am relatively new to this forum and forever seeking more knowledge.

I have an Audi S3 sport back 2019 with a dq381
currently stage 3, close engine with a PMP 575 turbo
methanol system for turbo cooling as where I am is really hot. Running on standard 98 petrol.

I have STM tuning stage 3 gear and engine.
durrently standing at 370 wheel horse power.

I want to build my engine and have come into a debate about the DQ381 reliability and if it can maintain 600 bhp or would it be worth while to change to a DQ500 and then having to go through all the electronics etc too.

so my question is if I am going high octane, pmp 575 turbo, methanol, built engine can the DQ381 be reliable to hold the power?

would appreciate any advice or knowledge or experience.

thank you all

Hello,

I am relatively new to this forum and forever seeking more knowledge.

I have an Audi S3 sport back 2019 with a dq381
currently stage 3, close engine with a PMP 575 turbo
methanol system for turbo cooling as where I am is really hot. Running on standard 98 petrol.

I have STM tuning stage 3 gear and engine.
durrently standing at 370 wheel horse power.

I want to build my engine and have come into a debate about the DQ381 reliability and if it can maintain 600 bhp or would it be worth while to change to a DQ500 and then having to go through all the electronics etc too.

so my question is if I am going high octane, pmp 575 turbo, methanol, built engine can the DQ381 be reliable to hold the power?

would appreciate any advice or knowledge or experience.

thank you all
We need to know your torque numbers.

I have the DQ250 unit and it's rated for up to 400nm. Obviously people here have increased theirs substantially so one can assume that these measurements are conservative.

The DQ381 from a random website said 435nm and other figures are +/- 10nm. I know people that are operating in excess of 500 without a tune. However, you should consider a racing clutch if the tranny really starts acting funny.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: Quicker
Hi Mate,

thank you for commenting, it’s running at 53 Kg-m /519.75 N-m.

Ok I will look into some race clutches, any suggestions on one?