Selecting the correct spring weights.

A19quattro

Reaction score
I have an A3 quattro, 2005 with H&R front springs part No. 29227 V/A (F). I feel they are a bit hard for normal road use but I have kind of grown used to it, although I have never fitted the rears and just kept with my OEM S3 springs which are a wee bit softer.
My Wife has a similar car, 2006 8P1 sportback and now needs rear springs, original S-Lines have broken tips and MOT looming. I am reluctant to fit the H&Rs I have and I know she wouldn't like the harder feel. Does anyone know if the 28227s are truly ""uprated and if so is there a slightly softer alternative, part number?
Also, I have always felt to buy springs by axle weight/load would be better than all this guesswork, I like to pin things down to numbers then you can't really go wrong. Is there somewhere to get the information I need to make a decision about what springs would be best?

Both Quattro's?

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar

Both quattros, I noted the spring weights today expecting them to be virtually the same, they are similar quite different interestingly. Can post them up if required?

Hey I don't know what u ended up doing, but I had the eibach pro-kit springs fitted and those rode like stock basically .... They were linear like stock too. They rode Terrible with a stiffer damper though. Once I went to a stock damper they performed like they should .... Even stock springs were terrible with the dampers/struts I had fitted at one point ....

Eibach pro-kit Linear were awesome, and made the car level.

Sent from my highchair using Tapacar