Self-adhesive anti-squeal shims fitting procedure for the RS3 (and TTRS)

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I've prepared a 5-page step-by-step guide (.pdf) to assist anyone who wants to either: (a) fit anti-squeal shims themselves, or (b) get a local independent garage to do it for them.

This guide includes both written instructions and photographs (taken from both my own car and that of JonnyG's) and will remain open to add comments from others undertaking the exercise i.e., all comments welcome.

For anyone who'd like a copy then just send me a PM with an e-mail address and I'll send it out to you as an attachment.

Note: I do hear that Audi/Brembo may well provide an authorised solution, however, in the meantime...

IMPORTANT: this is NOT an Audi authorised guide, however, all of this information was submitted to Audi UK earlier this year after they had asked for details on how I'd resolved my own (and others) brake squeal issue. So it's a guide, my guide, and it (still) works for me...

Last edited:
Reactions: Vito
Nice one Mate!

My RS was returned this Weds with new pads and shims from the dealer.
They also advised they would fit new pads again with the revised items when released.

I have these instructions from 45bvtc and can confirm it is not Ikea like instructions at all, very deatiled and descriptive. Even an Audi dealer tech could follow them!!! My shims just arrived today so I will be using the guide to silence my brakes this week end as long as we get some half decent weather. Thanks John! :)