Sold Selling genuine ross tech VCDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamS5V6

Reaction score
Hi all.
Im selling my genuine ross tech VCDS and hex cable, this is the 3 vin variant.
As ive used it on my car it has two vins left.
£200 paid for it.
Im wanting £145 this includes first class postage.

Payment to be made via paypal please

Any questions please ask!

Attachments

• 20200905_122702.jpg
    20200905_122702.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Please don’t pay via gift anyone. Just cover the fees yourself, that way you’ll be protected.

Reactions: Rossimac, Homer Simpson, LiamS5V6 and 1 other person
Hi all.
Im selling my genuine ross tech VCDS and hex cable, this is the 3 vin variant.
As ive used it on my car it has two vins left.
£200 paid for it.
Im wanting £145 this includes first class postage.

Payment to be made via paypal as a gift to avoid fees.

Any questions please ask!
My understanding of paying as a gift on PayPal means you have no case if transaction goes wrong.This is something that we would discourage.

Reactions: ashtec125sp, 45bvtc, Homer Simpson and 1 other person
Thank you for the input! Im not very well versed in how paypal work, ive seen pay as a gift on a couple of threads and thought that was the done thing!
My apologies

It should be safe on a forum however you never know when you will have a dispute. The seller should pay the fees however if they are adamant, then pay the fees yourself.

It should be safe on a forum however you never know when you will have a dispute. The seller should pay the fees however if they are adamant, then pay the fees yourself.
You’re being rather naive there, Homer. The buyer has zero cover if they send f&f or gift. Always either add more to the amount or have the seller absorb the fees.

Reactions: Homer Simpson and Sandra
You’re being rather naive there, Homer. The buyer has zero cover if they send f&f or gift. Always either add more to the amount or have the seller absorb the fees.

I think my post was mis-understood, or maybe even worded incorrectly. I completely agree with you and have always added the fees myself. I was stating that on a forum you would expect forum members not to shaft each other but unfortunately it happens, and quite often :(

I would always advise anyone buying goods privately to pay the fees and not use the 'family and friends' if they are neither (and even sometimes if they are! lol)

Back to the thread, sorry for the de-rail

Hmmm as far as im aware just when you change the coding. But im not certain on that im sorry.

To clarify the VIN situation Ross-Tech who are the VCDS manufacturer state the following, I hope this helps:

Will VCDS count a car's VIN as toward the license limit as soon as I plug into a particular car?
No! VCDS will never count a VIN toward the license limit without the user's explicit permission. It will always ask you first, thereby giving you the opportunity to decline to "register" a VIN in the interface. Besides, there are a lot of useful things you can do on an unlimited number of cars.

What functions are not VIN-Restricted?
A VIN-Limited interface can do Auto-Scans, Clear DTCs, and look at Measuring Values on an unlimited number of cars. I think this is important because I wouldn't want to keep an enthusiast from doing basic diagnostics on his friends' cars, or to use his VCDS when evaluating used cars he's contemplating buying. You wouldn't buy a used car without doing an Auto-Scan on it first, right? In addition, you can make channel maps on an unlimited number of cars because sending us those maps helps us improve the product.

Reactions: ch1z64
Status
Not open for further replies.