Selling S3 £7500 sound fair?

syman

Reaction score
Sad to say im selling my S3 in a few weeks, recently moved jobs and the petrols now killing me so golf tdi has to be done for a while - booo!

Does £7500 sound reasonable?

W (2000) Pre-facelift
Full audi service history
3 previous owners
Kam belt and waterpump done at 50k
MRC remap at 60k
hpi clear
Fed on super since I've had it

Owned for about a year and a half, it will be missed!

s3.jpg

Sad to say im selling my S3 in a few weeks, recently moved jobs and the petrols now killing me so golf tdi has to be done for a while - booo!

Does £7500 sound reasonable?

W (2000) Pre-facelift
Full audi service history
3 previous owners
Kam belt and waterpump done at 50k
MRC remap at 60k
hpi clear
Fed on super since I've had it

Owned for about a year and a half, it will be missed!

s3.jpg

Hi mate, with that mileage and looking at the condition, you might get a bit more. One went in the Trader last week for £8500 on a W with 79000 on the clock. Have a look at the prices see what you think. Also another thing to consider, its pre 2001 tax band too which is now a plus, especially with the low mileage. Average that age is between 85000 to 100000 miles now, so you may get a fast sale there left at that price.
Here is a bit of help for you to decide on a price mate.
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...1-145-207-4294964620-4294966997/search.action:o.k:

I am looking at selling my 25th Anniversary Golf GTI diesel, would you potential be interested in PX with that?

Didn't even think of the 2001 tax law, nice one. Saw similar mileage on pistonheads for £7500 but no FASH, looking at autotrader (cheers for the link) maybe it could be bumped up a little, in no rush to sell.

Thanks for the advice matey.

Px with your golf would be nice Seb, unfortunately I want most of the cash and can only spend about £2500 on a golf, so probably looking at an older slower golf that yours. Thanks anyway though.

1998 100bhp tdi is going to be painful!

£7500 in my opinion, is cheap for an S3 with FSH and cambelts done recently. Unfortunately, it's a buyers market out there, and the car market is a bit slow at the moment, so you need to be patient to sell it to the right buyer when they come along.

Goodluck with the sale bud.

Yea its not a great time to sell. Just have to be patient and drive it till the right buyer comes along... shame lol

Thanks mate

S3 prices are rock bottom, your looking at £5500 tops trade in. I've was only offered £6k against my RS4 and my S3 was a 2001(x) with 60k FASH and mint. I know it makes hard reading but no point giving you false hopes.

you lost me at rs4... Thanks for the heads up and drive that beast carefully you lucky lucky barstad!

Was that Chau's old S3? If so I can vouch for that being a minter! How much did you sell that for in the end? You didnt p/x it did you? I would of taken that car 100%, I was after the black/blue interior. I think about £7000.00 but that's just my opinion.
S3 prices are rock bottom, your looking at £5500 tops trade in. I've was only offered £6k against my RS4 and my S3 was a 2001(x) with 60k FASH and mint. I know it makes hard reading but no point giving you false hopes.

Was that Chau's old S3? If so I can vouch for that being a minter! How much did you sell that for in the end? You didnt p/x it did you? I would of taken that car 100%, I was after the black/blue interior. I think about £7000.00 but that's just my opinion.

Yep, i let it go privately for £7500 and that included 18"BBS, B8's H&R springs & ARBS's etc. Alot of car for the money. Could have got more but need to sell with in a week so figured it had to be bargin and i'm still £1500 up on the trade price. Its now owned by Michael at MJ Interiors so its still within the dubbin' community.

Here are a couple of pic's of it.

Does anyone know how to add a classified ad on here, can't seem to find how to do it?

Standard anniversary spec, 1.9 TDi 150bhp, not been modified. Just about to clock over to 92K, full VWSH.

Tax til end of year, MOT'd til November time.

I'll put a proper ad in the classifieds when I find out how to do it.

straight swap?

Sorry mate, but I'm really only interested in the S3's, plus as I'm only just putting it up for sale I'm prepared to hold out for a higher price for a bit longer.

Just sold it, gutted already!

Might be useful for someone else selling a similar s3 - put it up for £6990 in the end let it go for £6800 @ 71,000 miles.

I would have thought a W reg would be worth about 6k, looking at what else is for sale? S3s aren't worth anything anymore...