Selling S3 - Thoughts??

L33TAY

Reaction score
Hi all

Not been here for a while as work has been taking over my life! Hope you're all well??

Its time to off load the S3 and down grade to something more sensible/economical, and was after some opinions of whether I should advertise it with all the bits on or put it back to Standard?

I feel confident in the sale as there are hardly any about with this spec, so shouldn't loose much on the original purchase price as I got massive discounts.

Any thoughts appreciated

Lee

Try it for a week or 2 as it is then if you have no luck then put it back to stock and readvertise with new pics etc.

I did this with mine, firstly with REVO Stage 1 and H&Rs then without.

It would seem a lot of people struggle with insurance for modded S3s and it did put some punters off in my experience. In fact a couple of inteersted parties wanted the BBS CH removed and the stock S3 rims re-instated for the same reason.

I would expect the buckets will sell you car for you, they seem to be a very desirible feature and people specifically look for cars with them fitted. I would say they make a difference to resale value to the tune of around 1K.
Good luck with the sale.
Be patient too, its astonishing how many mongs there are out there......

Paul

Its time to off load the S3 and down grade to something more sensible/economical, and was after some opinions

Hi Lee, are you having trouble affording to run it? Just seems abit silly selling up after waiting so long for it etc, surely you knew it wouldn't do 50mpg before you bought??? Or....:unsure:

I'll take the H&R's !!! :meeting: pm me.

but imho i'd keep the s3 if you can, sounds top banana

Hi Lee, are you having trouble affording to run it? Just seems abit silly selling up after waiting so long for it etc, surely you knew it wouldn't do 50mpg before you bought??? Or....:unsure:

Hi N8, yeah the problem is that I have just got a contract which will involve doing lots of miles, and with the MPG I am getting and the cost of fuel/Finance/Tyres/Servicing etc etc it will end up costing me in excess of £1000 per month to run, which is not an option, as that is 5 X my mortgage!! lol

I will be sorry to see it go, but I have no option unfortunately, 1.8D for me now!

I'll take the H&R's !!! :meeting: pm me.

but imho i'd keep the s3 if you can, sounds top banana

Hi Bloblob, I will PM you if I go down the route of taking the stuff off, I have spoke to my Trader friend today who may have a buyer for it already, so, if they want it back to standard I will be stripping the stuff of to sell separately. I'll let you know.

Cheers
Lee

lee ill take your spacers off your hands as i remember your car from avp when it was all being fitted

£200 mortgage!!!! You lucky b****rd.

If it doesn't cost too much to return to standard I'd do that and sell it. You won't get much more for a modified car and as Paul said it can put people off. You would probably make more money by selling the car standard and selling the mods on here or ebay.

Hi Bloblob, I will PM you if I go down the route of taking the stuff off, I have spoke to my Trader friend today who may have a buyer for it already, so, if they want it back to standard I will be stripping the stuff of to sell separately. I'll let you know.

Cheers
Lee

Thanks Lee, cash will be waiting.

I, too will in Cheshire so should be easy to exchange :salute:

get a 2.0 tdi
Edit just read your threads,Seems like you had a bad experience with that car from day one .Good luck with your next car

Last edited:
I have spoke to my Trader friend today who may have a buyer for it already, so, if they want it back to standard I will be stripping the stuff of to sell separately. I'll let you know

PM sent Lee - bags first dibs on the HPFP if you end up taking it off fella. Can collect for ££

Feeling like a bit of a vulture... :laugh: