Sensor for cylinder head temperature

Reaction score
Can anyone help pls

Scanned car with capcom and got fault code 10219 Sensor for cylinder head temperature

254 fault frequency since 16.6.19

Anyone shed a bit of light on this please.

Scanned the car as my start stop was always going into fault. Was expecting low battery but all seems ok that way.

I could find very little on this fault, etka shows a sensor here
Upload 2019 6 21 9 24 31

unfortunately item 59 is a link to another page in etka with a bun of sensors, and the only one I can see on that page that could match is a sensor base engine.
Upload 2019 6 21 9 27 19

Only way to tell is to unplug that sensor and see if the fault code changes or a new one appears.

Reactions: fingermouse
Looks like a coolant temp sensor. I guess if the ecu doesn’t know the water temp then the stop start won’t operate?

Reactions: fingermouse
struggling to locate this but the weather hasn`t helped

more info

10219 - Sensor for Cylinder Head Temperature
P017D 00 [046] - Short to Plus
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 254
Mileage: 219716 km
Date: 2019.06.16
Time: 14:42:13
Engine speed: 1311.50 /min
Normed load value: 0.0 %
Vehicle speed: 41 km/h
Coolant temperature: 92 °C
Intake air temperature: 20 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1000 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.460 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Accelerator pedal travel: 0.00 %
Coolant temperature at radiator outlet: actual value: 26.5 °C
Heat delivery temperature in cooling system: -273.1 °C
Outside air temperature: 14.5 °C
Fuel consumption: 0.00 l/h
Fuel temperature: 32.2 °C
Engine oil temperature: 96.2 °C

As you have been told.. there is no cylinder head temp sensor. Cant find one on etka. The sensor you unplugged as per your pic is one of the oil pressure sensors.
Unless vcds has the wrong label for the actual sensor description as P017D is referring to oil pressure switch amongst other descriptions when searched in google

Ok cheers. Very little came back on searches. I’ve ordered a sensor that might be it from the post I found where the guy had the same fault code but that was a unplugged sensor.

Might have to try some other software at a local garage I know they have just invested in a new system.

Audi said 198 quid lol just to diagnose the issue.

So picked up the new sensor today, got home and unplugged the one in the car and connected the new one in thin air.

Scanned the car again and bingo the error code has gone.

Just got to fit the bleeder but thats a job for Saturday and a cold engine.

Will post more details up later for part numbers and better pics in case anyone get this error in the future

So picked up the new sensor today, got home and unplugged the one in the car and connected the new one in thin air.

Scanned the car again and bingo the error code has gone.

Just got to fit the bleeder but thats a job for Saturday and a cold engine.

Will post more details up later for part numbers and better pics in case anyone get this error in the future
Hi could you please share how this went? I am experiencing the same and it would make sense I know what you did to fix yours. Thanks

I changed the sensor thats down the front of the engine and the fault cleared. I believe it is twinned with one on top somewhere in the middle of the v . I will try and find the part number. Thought I had posted it but must have forgotten

I changed the sensor thats down the front of the engine and the fault cleared. I believe it is twinned with one on top somewhere in the middle of the v . I will try and find the part number. Thought I had posted it but must have forgotten
I would appreciate that you can find the part number or atleast the name of the sensor and I can work with that info to narrow my own search