Dave Hedgehog

Reaction score
parked outside whilst my car was in for haldex oil change service

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,324
Reactions: Jassyo06, THQuattro, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Anybody want an RS3 with no body work marks, not crashed, no mods and 2 year full Audi warranty :D

Lol it's already been posted in the other thread

Damn you slow O2 3G :)

Reactions: Sandra
There'll be one or two at Stafford Audi very soon if not already as the daily invite arrive... :readit:

Reactions: Kelza
Had my invite from Stafford earlier in the week and have already spoken to them ,as soon as the car is pdi'd they're gonna phone me to book a test drive.:hubbahubba:

Same here 2 invites landed earlier this week
One from Stafford & one from Manchester

Dave how did the car look in person? I've already seen it in person in Geneva in red. Curious about the sepang though

I see the sepang car has light coloured leather seats.

How did they look first hand ?

Good that demos are coming through now.

Still can't get excited over an 8V RS3; I mean, this:
P1020279mod_zpse4puzf17.jpg

and another £25K????

And who knows what disasters develop with an 8V RS3; one thing for sure, don't count on Audi UK or Audi GmbH to resolve 'em and as for the dealers, well, what's the betting they'll have never heard of anything your 8V RS3 will have developed, ever...

Reactions: Marshy and Kelza
Still can't get excited over an 8V RS3; I mean, this:
P1020279mod_zpse4puzf17.jpg

and another £25K????

And who knows what disasters develop with an 8V RS3; one thing for sure, don't count on Audi UK or Audi GmbH to resolve 'em and as for the dealers, well, what's the betting they'll have never heard of anything your 8V RS3 will have developed, ever...

I would agree entirely.

For owners of an existing RS3, the upgrade proposition will be greatly diluted over those with a none RS3 to trade.

Plus as you note, a huge chunk of £ also required to trade up.

Reactions: 45bvtc
A better photo some 50-miles earlier John:
P1020268-mod_zpsaadjpypm.jpg

I think the 8P Audi RS3 is an amazingly discreet motor car and would recommend anyone who has one to hang on to it: as an everyday all weather tool I can't fault it... :yahoo:

Would love that Audi V8 twin-scroll turbo under the bonnet mind...:sly:

I see the sepang car has light coloured leather seats.

How did they look first hand ?

I think the seats matched the car well, i personally would never have light coloured seats as they show up dirt too much :D

but colours are a very personal thing, i do like the super sports seats

without the silver bling / front bumper blades the car would look pretty much like a stock A3/S3, the increased front wing size (so noticeable on the 8P) was not noticeable to me

the boot looked smaller as well

Last edited:
I just love the all year round all weather concept of an Audi RS3.

Done! :yahoo:

Still nowt else :readit: that rocks by boat, and I've an ageing boat....:racer:

Reactions: rs3_lloyd and Kelza
I think the seats matched the car well, i personally would never have light coloured seats as they show up dirt too much :D

but colours are a very personal thing, i do like the super sports seats

without the silver bling / front bumper blades the car would look pretty much like a stock A3/S3, the increased front wing size (so noticeable on the 8P) was not noticeable to me

the boot looked smaller as well

Cool thanks sounds good.

As much as I like the look of the lighter coloured seats I would always go black too.

Any of you guys with s3's any thoughts on the standard seats.

Do you consider them fine, as I would prefer not to spend £700 notes on super sport seats if the standard ones are fine.

I want to keep the options to a minimum otherwise price can run away with itself if you are not careful.

That's the good thing about black edition they are a great spec but doubt we'll see an rs3 B.E for some time.

Standard seats in my S3 are fine. I tried both before I bought mine and whilst the SS seats gave extra support I didn't think they were worth it. Also I dint like the diamond stitching.

Cool thanks sounds good.

As much as I like the look of the lighter coloured seats I would always go black too.

Any of you guys with s3's any thoughts on the standard seats.

Do you consider them fine, as I would prefer not to spend £700 notes on super sport seats if the standard ones are fine.

I want to keep the options to a minimum otherwise price can run away with itself if you are not careful.

That's the good thing about black edition they are a great spec but doubt we'll see an rs3 B.E for some time.

The older you are the better are the standard seats for getting into and out of and they are very comfortable on a long run and can be adjusted lower (or so I'm told) than the super sports seats; however, if you're a young 'un, go for the super sports - in black - and spend the money: no pockets in shrouds and all that... :nogarors4:

The sports seats are actually quite comfy, they don't have the very high bolsters that the usual buckets have

Thanks Guys.

Positive feedback on the standard seats is what I'd hoped for and that appears to be the case.

I have SSS in the S5 and they are superb, but they came as standard. When you take away the visual differences the support does look similar other than the extra bolsters just below shoulder level.

I'm changing my mind daily on extras, but trying to keep them limited to a degree cost wise, as you just don't get this back on residual other than make the car more desirable or sell-able.

i will of course try both regular and standard seats to be sure and can compare both to the SSS in my current car but for now will intend to budget for the standard seats.

Loose change is starting to jangle in the pockets....

Wish I could buy an RS3 with loose change!

Wish I could buy an RS3 with loose change!

It's called LIFE Yorrick: when I was younger I wanted everything but couldn't afford it; now I'm older I can afford it but no longer want it; so make sure you get yours now... :hi:

I mean, BLUEY's only just crept over 10K miles whereas a new Lotus in 1972 did 1K in the first week :sadlike:

Lke I say, make sure you get yours now...

It's called LIFE Yorrick: when I was younger I wanted everything but couldn't afford it; now I'm older I can afford it but no longer want it; so make sure you get yours now... :hi:

I mean, BLUEY's only just crept over 10K miles whereas a new Lotus in 1972 did 1K in the first week :sadlike:

Lke I say, make sure you get yours now...

Good philosophy :)
I can afford it and do plan to use it while I can. Just loved the idea of a bath-full of loose change :grin:. Much more fun than a boring electronic bank transfer!

I've always reckoned, Yorrick, that in my/your perfect life that someone, somewhere, should be able to calculate the sum (£s) I/you might earn in my/your lifetime and give it to me/you at the age 22-years and 22-days and 22-hours, etc...

And then it's up to me/you...

I've held that view strongly for the past 48-years - but it only came to me aged 22; and no one then was listening, so I had to get on with it myself... :nogarors4: And BLUEY would prefer to stay here a while yet...

Good philosophy :)
I can afford it and do plan to use it while I can. Just loved the idea of a bath-full of loose change :grin:. Much more fun than a boring electronic bank transfer!

YUP! Perfect... But I was only talking 'pockets', hello... Where's the 'bath-full' term come from?

Reactions: Kelza
22 would have been too young for me - I'd have either spent it all straight away or given up work the next day and the Godly someone would have wanted his money back! I reckon I didn't have the sense to manage life and money properly until I was mid-30s

45-50k worth of loose change wouldn't fit in my pockets. I'm estimating it wold need a bath to hold it all. I've never seen that much money in coins.

45-50k worth of loose change wouldn't fit in my pockets. I'm estimating it wold need a bath to hold it all. I've never seen that much money in coins.

One day Yorrick, one day....

One day I'll see a bath full of coins? Can't wait!

Thanks John I,m working on the bath of coins :)