September 1st - new 8V owners

K4RL

Reaction score
I was wondering how many new 8V owners there's going to be in 5 weeks time.
Just the basics; model, body type, colour & status. Maybe one or two of us will see each other on the day.

S3, Saloon, team Sepang :yahoo: currently in the panel shop.

Karl.

Reactions: Sandra
Sepang blue S3 SB just arrived in the UK looking good for 1st of September delivery.

S3 saloon in spepang blue as well, will need to check the status actually!

Monsoon grey S3 SB landed in the UK and 2nd September collection long since arranged.

Quick update, mine is in quality controll. 5 weeks for quality control, delivery and dealer prep?? seems a bit long

Quick update, mine is in quality controll. 5 weeks for quality control, delivery and dealer prep?? seems a bit long

Mine seemed to work it's way through the stages in lightning speed, surprised even the dealer. Also seems to have been brought to the UK by speedboat not cargo vessel!

Reactions: Stevier88
Mine seemed to work it's way through the stages in lightning speed, surprised even the dealer. Also seems to have been brought to the UK by speedboat not cargo vessel!
Likewise! i only checked a few weeks ago and the status was 'order recieved'. maybe an early delivery but i doubt it. I wonder how accurate the build tracker really is.

Likewise! i only checked a few weeks ago and the status was 'order recieved'. maybe an early delivery but i doubt it. I wonder how accurate the build tracker really is.

If it under-promises I can cope with that :)

Ours is already in the country. 1.4 COD, SB in white. Replacement family car for the long served Golf. Wife's birthday too so many brownie points earned there!

S3 saloon, sepang blue. Due to my dealer on Oct 12, hopefully me the week after!

Oh I wish I hadn't ordered Sepang..............................

Reactions: Sandra, Rob2k68, veeeight and 1 other person
S3 Saloon. Glacier White. Coming to me 2nd September.

A3 184 s-line manual
3 door
Ibis
Ready to collect..

Brilliant black 1.4 COD S Line SB arrived at the dealer yesterday. Pick up first week of September, can't wait!!

Hi all
Got an email from my sales guy to say my car won't be delivered till mid September :sadlike:, not really that upset as it's only another couple of weeks. Checked the tracker system this evening & my car's in quality control, with transportation next.
Does anyone collecting their car on the 1st, have a status on their car before QC at the moment?

Thanks Karl

Reactions: PhillW
Hi all
Got an email from my sales guy to say my car won't be delivered till mid September :sadlike:, not really that upset as it's only another couple of weeks. Checked the tracker system this evening & my car's in quality control, with transportation next.
Does anyone collecting their car on the 1st, have a status on their car before QC at the moment?

Thanks Karl
i had a look at the tracker and mine was past quality control and had left the factory. Got an e-mail yesterday from the dealer confirming this and said it would be approx 3 weeks to hit the UK, once it does they will give me an exact date of pick up.

Reactions: Sandra and K4RL
had mine for a year on the 1st have to say i love it, no major problems at all! best car i've ever had.

4 weeks today! Car has arrived at the dealer all present and correct apparently.

So after the call 3 weeks ago to say my car was delayed until mid September, on Saturday the tracker system changed to arrived, called dealer today who said it had arrived so September 1st collection back on.
:yahoo: Buzzing again :yahoo:

Reactions: Sandra, Stevier88, sunscreemer and 1 other person
I have a BW 38 for my S3.
Should be able to pick it up at the beginning of October.
Can't wait

S3 SB stronic, daytona, at dealers since 7 August and collecting on 4 Sept. :)
For those waiting impatiently, mine moved VERY quickly (less than a week) from preparation stage to "on it's way to dealer" - I ordered on 9 June.

Reactions: Sandra and Rob2k68
I've just been told that mine has been delayed from 16th October to the 23rd November!

I'm gutted!

Can't wait can't come soon enough.

Bet you guys are buzzing - almost there !!!!!!

We on the final countdown guys. Can't wait to see all the pics. ;) x

Reactions: Rob2k68
Car is sitting at the dealers. Has been for 1 week. Stuck in the North Sea for another week... Gutted. Pick up the 6th September though.
Sepang blue, s3 sport back.

Car is sitting at the dealers. Has been for 1 week. Stuck in the North Sea for another week... Gutted. Pick up the 6th September though.
Sepang blue, s3 sport back.
Hopefully time will pass quickly :) x

Off to sort out the paperwork tonight ahead of next weeks collection - any tips or things I should look out for at this point?

Mine's confirmed delivery for next Wednesday.

Here's the thing; it's a lease. The supplying dealer is Brighton. I'm in Sheffield. I have little/no issue

with them driving it up - I'll ask them not to take it to the car wash when they get here (which is what

they usually do. The problem is that there's no proper hand over. The driver will have almost zero idea

about the features and functionality of the car Any members in South Yorkshire/ North Notts / North

Derbyshire area fancy a meet to run through some stuff? Also if anyone is a VCDS member near me

I'd be interested in getting what needs 'fixing' sorted

Off to sort out the paperwork tonight ahead of next weeks collection - any tips or things I should look out for at this point?

I'm sure you've done so already but go through your list of options. Also check it has the right plates on mine didn't and it prolonged the agony and wait before driving it !! Maybe order any accessories too as you'll prob get a discount. Cables and mats I'm sure you've prob also clocked and 1/2 tank of fuel minimum. Might be worth also checking for any creases on the seat bolsters and raising this if they look excessive.

I'm sure you've done so already but go through your list of options. Also check it has the right plates on mine didn't and it prolonged the agony and wait before driving it !! Maybe order any accessories too as you'll prob get a discount. Cables and mats I'm sure you've prob also clocked and 1/2 tank of fuel minimum. Might be worth also checking for any creases on the seat bolsters and raising this if they look excessive.

Cheers. Not sure whether i'll see the car tonight or not, but i'll bear in mind the physical checks for next week.

Mats should be included as I understand, they promised me a full tank of super unleaded and i'm told at least the MMI suitable for my iPod classic will be provided (very complicated as the threads on here would suggest, and i'd also like a USB one) - my iPhone i'm happy will just be Bluetooth connected.

As for accessories it's just perhaps the boot mat that I may be interested in, unless there's anything else worth having that I should consider?

I would like a quote for inclusive servicing but not sure how much to expect and how much it's likely to cost for servicing on a 10kpa basis if I don't have a plan for comparison?

I got the boot liner and a touch up pen - can't think of anything else. Yes you should get a phone/iPod cable of your choice and the USB to mmi one also. I bought an urban revolt flat usb cable 200mm long to charge my iPhone if I ever need to so my iPod classic can always be plugged into the mmi socket as there is also a usb socket above it.

As for the service plan my dealer said it was not worth me doing it for 12k a year. Tyres are not as expensive as I thought prob on average of £400/set of 18s so useful to factor this in. My ContiSportContact 5s had 6mm left after 6000 miles so prob would have seen me out to 18k miles I would have thought so maybe only 1 set needed if you plan on keeping the car 36 months. Depends on driving style of course ;o)

Good tips - may well be worth me just paying for a service as and when required - although don't they set the car for one of the two service schedules - 10k may be right in the middle of them?

As for the iPhone USB cable another good shout, I have a power socket to twin USB adapter now, but if there's a spare USB next to the MMI socket in the glovebox then makes sense to have a cable as a powered option for the iPhone.

Rather than go back to the other threads - since you have Tech pack high and an iPod classic - which colour MMI cable do you have?

Reactions: Rob2k68
^^ yes defo a usb socket above the mmi socket but in the armrest stowage compartment.

Cable is green or blue I'll double check in ten minutes just out walking the hounds.

Yep it's blue for an iPod classic and gives me album art. USB socket is just to the left of mmi socket.

Reactions: sunscreemer