Service checklist/sheet.

Steve D

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I can get a copy of the service sheet for an A3? I’ve tried Audi customer care and after them asking me for my car registration number all I got back was this:

"I can confirm that your vehicle is on a flexible service regime which is for the vehicle to be serviced every 2 years/19,000 miles whichever comes first. There is also the oil change service this is monitored by the vehicle and will alert you on the digital service display when it is due, the vehicle monitored the grade of the oil".

I don’t want to do it every two years, I want to do it yearly! I’ve asked again but I’m not expecting a reply.

Do you have the service book with the car, the one that would be stamped by the servicing agent when a service has been completed?

I ask as the VAG group as a whole stopped supplying them with new cars some time ago, however they can be bought through them or on flea-bay.
There's nothing stopping you having the car serviced annually as the service schedule on the car should be reset by whoever carries out the work, that will include the onboard oil sensor.

Do you have the service book with the car, the one that would be stamped by the servicing agent when a service has been completed?

I ask as the VAG group as a whole stopped supplying them with new cars some time ago, however they can be bought through them or on flea-bay.
There's nothing stopping you having the car serviced annually as the service schedule on the car should be reset by whoever carries out the work, that will include the onboard oil sensor.
Hi. No, I don’t have a service book, I just have three receipts for the services it’s had. Original owner had it done at 1 year/22,000 miles and the next owner (my relative) one year later at 28,000 miles and another year later at 32,000 miles. The first service had the oil, oil filter, air and pollen filters replaced and the second and third ones just the oil and filter. I fitted a new air and pollen filter myself when I bought the car last week. That last service was four months ago and it’s just under 34,000 now. I’ll be servicing it myself from now on and I have the equipment to reset the service reminders so I suppose I’ll just buy a service book off of the 'bay and stamp it myself, keeping all parts receipts etc.

One thing I found strange between the three services (all done at the same Audi main dealer using Shell helix ultra oil) was that when my relative had it last done, they charged him for 4X 1 litres of oil @ £10.20 per litre (£40.80) but the first and second times, both he and the original owner were charged oil at £18.00 per litre (£72.00).

The oil price difference could just be the first 2 services being with the car on variable servicing so long service/life oil was used then. Dealers tend to use the brand that their trading group have signed up for to be the cheapest lubs supply service over a period.
My 2011 S4 had a Shell oil used on a couple of occasions when it was under warranty, first time the version of Shell was vague, second time it was 0W-30 or 0W-40 while it remained on variable servicing, which meant 2 years, though I replaced the oil and filter at the inbetween year point. I seem to find Mobil One ESP 5W-30 an okay oil available at an okay price - though oil brand/version/weight can be a very personal thing.

Edit:- you could buy a copy of the official workshop manual from easymanuals.co.uk - that is just a copy of the Erwin stuff taken at a point in time, ie not necessarily a "fresh from that site" version from Erwin but if that model is now quite mature, there will not have been many if any changes been made recently.

Reactions: Steve D
I keep a spread sheet on all my cars, detailing date, mileage, reason , comments, parts, cost, supplier. along with the receipts, people who have see this have been impressed.
pm me if you want a copy

The reason I was asking in the OP was that I carry out my own servicing and if possible, I wanted a checklist of items that the main dealers follow at certain mileages to keep it in line with OE requirements. Most other main dealers are happy to supply you a service schedule/checklist to follow but not Audi, it appears.

The reason I was asking in the OP was that I carry out my own servicing and if possible, I wanted a checklist of items that the main dealers follow at certain mileages to keep it in line with OE requirements. Most other main dealers are happy to supply you a service schedule/checklist to follow but not Audi, it appears.
Have you looked online?. Must be on the web somewhere?.