Service cost rip off and its not done by a Audi Tech

yetirider

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer today, 1st service on a 1.6 TDI.
So I need a oil change and pollen filter and done on a Sat morning.

No software updates req'd.

So I remark the hand break sometimes stays on when i reverse.........

Sorry sir, we can't look at that on a Saturday we have no technicians or diagnostics on a Saturday.

So they want me to pay £320 for some guy to put oil in and change a filter......
Oh hang on they also inspect the car and wash and vac and they use long life oil......

Service cancelled i'm going independent.
Macclesfield Audi

The dealer always says you invalidate the warranty if you dont go to them, that is not true, however you do need:

- Written evidence of work done, cost and that genuine audi parts were used
- If possible a quote in advance in writing to that effect
- To make sure that the service procedures they follow are the same as manufacturers

Someone like Midland VW (based on what I've read here) should be able to comply, though I'm surprised if your dealer doesn't match a genuine independent quote. You'd need to keep the evidence in the case of a claim.

My 8P TDI first service was 450, never again.

Not sure if I'm going independent on the 8V though.

Somebody has to pay for the fancy showroom and posh workshop.
As above I have used Midland VW for a clutch change on my Passat and remapping, I would take a car there for serviceing over a main dealer.

Pretty shocked to hear. I found Macclesfield Audi absolutely excellent. Just shows that a perception of a company only goes as far as the person you are dealing with. I was dealing with the head engineer when I had a little hiccup with my new S3. Maybe something to do with weekend staffing......think they have only recently introduced this and sounds like they may need to look at it.

Wow, that's terrible. In Canada dealers cant void the warranty if service is done by a certified mechanic. Good law.

I didn't go for a service pack so dreading what first service bill will be in May when mine is 12 months old. Only done 2,000 miles :(

It is 10k miles or 12 months on first service isnt it?

Surely there are fixed priced services? I always call Blackburn audi for a price as they are one of the cheapest for labour in the UK. My 3.2 TT service I haggled down from £350 to £190 as it had only covered 2000 miles since it was last done. I personally want audi stamps in the service history so always have a dealer do it.

Reactions: Cleggy70
That's why it's always worth pushing for a free service in the deal when you buy your car> :) Costs them very little but saves you a lot.

:kissmyrings::kissmyrings:
I didn't go for a service pack so dreading what first service bill will be in May when mine is 12 months old. Only done 2,000 miles :(

It is 10k miles or 12 months on first service isnt it?
If youre on a fixed service its as you say,watch they dont try to talk you out of it.they did with me and i pay £20 a month for the service plan.