'service due' on dash

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My a4 b8 is displaying service due on the instrument/dash..........in the car menu it still shows 9000 miles before a service is due,tried reset via vcds but no joy,anyone else had this issue?

It will probably be inspection service due which won't reset just by doing basic reset you would have to reset the values in 4 different channels, I would wait until your 9000 is up and then reset oil and inspection

how do i reset inspection.....? 9000 miles........il be waiting a while,i dont do more than 6000 miles a year lol
It will probably be inspection service due which won't reset just by doing basic reset you would have to reset the values in 4 different channels, I would wait until your 9000 is up and then reset oil and inspection

When does it say you need an oil change on the car menu ?

:laugh: You might aswell bike it everywhere !
Has the amount of days run out ?

There are two sets of miles/date on the display:

Next oil change - this is the one that can be reset by scrolling down on the MMI and clicking YES

Next service - this is the one that the dealer (or VCDS user) resets

So what are the two sets of miles/dates reading?

Google tells me to reset the lower display...

With the ignition on.
click on address '17-Instruments' and then select 'ADAPTATION'

Go to the 'CHANNEL' box and change the number in it to '40'. Click on 'READ' then in the 'VALUES' box, change the value to '0'. Click 'TEST' and then 'SAVE'. A box will appear to ask you if you are sure, click 'YES'

Carry out this same procedure for the following channels, AND IN THIS ORDER;
40, 41, 53, 55, 02

when complete, exit VCDS by clicking 'DONE, GO BACK' and then close the application.

Switch the ignition off and then back on. If you've got the sequence above correct, the light will be out.

There are two sets of miles/date on the display:

Next oil change - this is the one that can be reset by scrolling down on the MMI and clicking YES

Next service - this is the one that the dealer (or VCDS user) resets

So what are the two sets of miles/dates reading?

Google tells me to reset the lower display...

With the ignition on.
click on address '17-Instruments' and then select 'ADAPTATION'

Go to the 'CHANNEL' box and change the number in it to '40'. Click on 'READ' then in the 'VALUES' box, change the value to '0'. Click 'TEST' and then 'SAVE'. A box will appear to ask you if you are sure, click 'YES'

Carry out this same procedure for the following channels, AND IN THIS ORDER;
40, 41, 53, 55, 02

when complete, exit VCDS by clicking 'DONE, GO BACK' and then close the application.

Switch the ignition off and then back on. If you've got the sequence above correct, the light will be out.

i read somewhere to click ''delivery inspection'' ive done that and its sorted it.........thanks