Service/oil change question

MOA4B9

Reaction score
Last week I got a message on the dashboard saying 'service 1000miles' or something similar but I didn't pay much notice to it. This week that message has disappeared and new message 'oil change in 15days' is showing. When I go into the MMI service interval section it says 'Next oil change in 4200mi / 15 days' and 'Next inspection 12500mi / 334 days'. Now I'm confused, there is a big difference between 4200mi and 15days. The car has done 29000mi since March 2017. Nowadays I might do 100mi a month. I had the first and only inspection / minor service around this time last year and I think it has been set to variable service intervals.
Does the first message about service in 1000mi was referring to oil change? And then oil change discrepancy between 4200mi ans 15 days doesn't sound right. What do you guys think?

My driving habits changed few month ago. Before then i was doing more miles. Will get the service done before my next ski trip anyway and get the service intervals changed.

You may then need to have the service indicator changed from variable to fixed services when it's in for the service...

Can you let me know how many days until you're inspection is once you've had your oil change?
My inspection is currently around 250 days after my oil change, which doesn't seem right?

I noticed the same issue with my Tfsi Quattro, so I went and spoke to Audi to find out why.

I was told that no matter what service schedule you were on it was the style/type of driving that affects the length of time between service.

I only normally do 100-150 miles a week, so mainly short stop/start journeys.

My car has only covered just over 4K from new and my first service is due to be done and the car won’t event be a year old, I’m on the fixed service so wasn’t happy to learn this especially when the first service is over £250.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do similar mileage to me, thus it's a yearly fixed service, which my dealership is happy with and what my car tells me..